Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
easy job? pita job? i'm planning on buying a new tank, straps, sending unit, main line, pump to carb line, (already have 1yr old pump), sending unit ring and seal and new float from jbg.

that pretty much takes care of everything except the filler neck right?

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
25 or 33 gallon tank? Either way they are both pretty simple to remove. The 33 with the skid plate is easier.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know which is in the truck, but i'll be putting the 25 in, since it doesnt get driven very often, thats less fuel to go bad, and i'm sure its shorter, so less things to hit it on

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Well the 25 is held in with straps and the 33 is held in with the skid plate. So if your putting a 25 in where a 33 was you will need to buy some straps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
easy job? pita job? i'm planning on buying a new tank, straps, sending unit, main line, pump to carb line, (already have 1yr old pump), sending unit ring and seal and new float from jbg.

see above

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well the 25 is held in with straps and the 33 is held in with the skid plate. So if your putting a 25 in where a 33 was you will need to buy some straps.

Some 25 gal. are held in with a skid plate.. Ask me how I know....

I thought(so I was told) only the 33 gal had a skid plate.Well some 25 gal. had the skid plate also...(mine did)

If you are puttin a 25 gal in and want a skid plate here is a link to one

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117365

·
Registered
652 Posts

I changed my 25 gal in my 79, but it had a body lift on it and made it easy to get to the sending unit hose and connector. Can I suggest going with a plastic one, they're only like $10-15 more than steel and they'll never rust again.;)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I vote right here for the poly tanks. No more rust ever. Which is exactly what the skid plate gives ya. Rusting from the inside out & the outside in. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
652 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts