Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the gas tank out of my 88 efi bronco swap over to my 85 efi bronco?

I just installed a motorcraft pump assembly in my 88 last fall and i would like to use it if at all possible on this 85. figured swapping the whole tank would be far easier as well

·
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks steve, started to think no one was gonna comment. probably was a no brainer question but figure the more i find out now about this 85 the better off i will be when it comes time to start swapping parts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes they should be exactly the same. ford began using the large diameter pump pump assembly access hole in 92. so the pump assembly's should swap right over. and i HATE those stoopid Ford designed fuel connectors you have to buy a tool to remove and I replace all my OEM lines with regular fuel hose and some clamps. never had a problem and it makes servicing much easier. i say that b/c if i were you i wouldn't worry about all the fittings, i'd just run rubber hose and clamps, thats just me

-cutts-

·
Banned
18,425 Posts
It was '90 at the latest - not '92. And rubber fuel line isn't rated for 100psi, so you're asking for trouble if you do that.

·
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wasnt going there. rubber fuel line just didnt sound right for efi applications

·
Registered
48 Posts
Steve83 said:
It was '90 at the latest - not '92. And rubber fuel line isn't rated for 100psi, so you're asking for trouble if you do that.
thats what i used on my 93 F150 with 5.8 and I never had the first problem in 3 years. i dunno maybe it was luck but it sure worked for me

sorry you're right, it was 89 when ford swicthed from 2" sending unit hole to 3 5/8". only reason i know that is b/c i plan to swap out my rear 19 gallon tank on my PSD for the bronco 33 gallon bad boy. that'll bump me to 52 gallons:shocked ! its gonna hurt to fill up but i should be able to drive for a few weeks :toothless

-cutts-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts