Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a new gasket for the rear cab cover (or whatever it's called? I want to go topless when its nice out this summer, but I also don't want to re-silicone every time I put it back on.

Also, anything to look out for when removing this top on a 1991 XLT? Tips and concerns would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
1. no replacement gasket is needed.
2. dont need silicone.
3. search there are many threads on removal of tops.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
i have had the top off more than a dozen times. sometimes for as long as a couple months at a time. i have never siliconed. and havent had any issues with the original gasket resealing.
i don store the top off of the gaskets though. sometimes if i am not a total lazy ass i keep it hanging in the garage from the rafters.

i could only imagine what kind of mess you would make with silicone. never mind, how much of a pain it would be to re-remove the top after that.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
jcg230 said:
Does anyone know where I can get a new gasket for the rear cab cover (or whatever it's called? I want to go topless when its nice out this summer, but I also don't want to re-silicone every time I put it back on.

Also, anything to look out for when removing this top on a 1991 XLT? Tips and concerns would be appreciated.
If you want a new gasket set, you can get it from LMC Truck http://www.lmctruck.com

Good luck,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
excellent...thanks for the replies guys. I popped the top off this weekend and, as you said, no real gaskets and no use for the silicone that was on the truck when I got it. Spent a while scraping that junk off! Sorry it took me long to get back.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Like SeaBronc said LMCTRUCK is your best bet I just started ordering almost evry gasket for my 93 since i am going to restor the exterer and suspention (lift) in 2-3 weeks but any way LMCTruck is your best bet if you want new gaskets and stuff.

(spellcheck pleas)i cant spell LOL:histerica

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.