Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
StemCellResearch
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I tried to reinstall my gauge cluster, the lights behind the speedo, tach, gas, oil, etc gauges are all out. All other bulbs work. the ABS, seatbelt, headlights, blinkers etc.
but no backlighting on the guage cluster! Any ideas on what happened? Is it a fuse, bad ground, etc? Would like some ideas before I have to pull it all out again. Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
After I tried to reinstall my gauge cluster, the lights behind the speedo, tach, gas, oil, etc gauges are all out. All other bulbs work. the ABS, seatbelt, headlights, blinkers etc.
but no backlighting on the guage cluster! Any ideas on what happened? Is it a fuse, bad ground, etc? Would like some ideas before I have to pull it all out again. Thanks
likely just a few bad bulbs. They're easy and cheap to replace but yes the cluster will have to be removed again. I've had this happen a few times. Cannot explain why they burn all of the sudden. Unless the fillament was just weak prior to removal.

·
StemCellResearch
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
likely just a few bad bulbs. They're easy and cheap to replace but yes the cluster will have to be removed again. I've had this happen a few times. Cannot explain why they burn all of the sudden. Unless the fillament was just weak prior to removal.

Does 1 bad bulb knock them all out like with xmas lights?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Does 1 bad bulb knock them all out like with xmas lights?
NO.

I suspect that there is a connector for the instrument cluster that you may have disconnected when you removed the cluster. It is unlikely that they all burnt out at the exact same time. Each within a few days of each other, yeah.

Also, it is likely that they are on a fuse. Look on your fuse panel door/cover for a discription.

·
Registered
37 Posts
NO.

I suspect that there is a connector for the instrument cluster that you may have disconnected when you removed the cluster. It is unlikely that they all burnt out at the exact same time. Each within a few days of each other, yeah.

Also, it is likely that they are on a fuse. Look on your fuse panel door/cover for a discription.
This is almost invariably your problem. But do check the fuse first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts