Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im trying to make my final list for installing my new gauges, but I need just a few more last things. I am having trouble with the wiring diagram in the Chiltons in finding what wire I can use for illumination. Its not very clear. Also, what would be a good switched circuit for the volt gauge? I hope to install these by tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
See thats the thing. I had a hard time reading the Haynes too. The dash Illumination wires were the hardest to figure out which was which. Thanks for the help.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
the 81-83 diagram is the best out of all of them, every thing in the dash that is illuminated uses the same color wire, Light Blue and red.

You could splice into the 12VS for the radio if its nearby.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
I just tapped in th the light that illuminates the rear defog switch on my 86

I controls all my extra gauge lights, though the A-pillar gauges have their own dimming reostat as you can see in the pic of the trans temp gauge;

I couldn't see the diagrams well either so I took the Haynes manual down to Staples

then I blew each of the 5 pages up until each took up a whole 11" X 17" sheet. Took it home, whited out everything that didn't apply to my specific Bronco then photocopied them back to back (except the 5th page) on 11" X 17" sheets.

After that I plasticized them and now they reside in the pockets on the back of my bucket seats. I don't leave the county without them and my spare Haynes.

I was going to colour code the diagrams until I snapped out of it and tried to regain some kind of life !!!!!!!!

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Steve83 said:
If you scan them as 600dpi monochrome bitmaps, it'd be a LOT easier to paint each line the correct color... :deal
Thanks Steve

although my scanner goes to 4800 luckily I realized there's plenty of better ways to spend my time in my Canadian cabin this Winter !

Cabin fever has not yet set in thanks to the uber-warm Winter this year.

Sixlitre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts