Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't find any info on this. I have several problems in my dash.

1) My Tachometer works intermittently, bouncing when it does work. I rarely get a real reading.

2) Only one light works and I cannot find bulb locations.

3) Gas gauge does not work at all. I suspect more than likely this is in the tank though.

Anybody run into these issues?

Thanks

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
santacruzbronco said:
gas gauge is the sending unit. I have the same problem.
Doubtful if there is a wiring problem in the dash. Most likey there is an issue with a ground. Otherwise both the ignition on power and the accessory light power wire are both having issues.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just replaced sending unit in the tank and now the gas gauge works. I can drive it now and see how fast it burns up gas.:shocked

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
88MULE said:
Just replaced sending unit in the tank and now the gas gauge works. I can drive it now and see how fast it burns up gas.:shocked
I've been trying to get my Autometer to work right again. It did until the final install. Now it shows E on half a tank. I recently found a ground I made in the engine compartment when trying to figure out the proper wiring. Snipped it and now I just need to drive it enough to see if the needle is right. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Preacher, let us know if you figure it out.

EDIT: 88Mule, shouldn't your sig read BW1356 and not BG1356?

·
it's Dan Five Oh
687 Posts
1) My Tachometer works intermittently, bouncing when it does work. I rarely get a real reading.
Did you ever fix this? I had this for about a year, and then last fall it just STOPPED working altogether.

·
Registered
759 Posts
my tach did that too plus the lights under the tach didnt work i pulled the cluster out and pushed the connector in and what do you know fixed it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts