Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a competent mechanic to install gears on a D60/10.25 combo in the Toms River area of NJ? Most of the shops that I've talked to don't want anything to do with the job. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a good guy here in Woodbridge But thats a hike for ya. but if you dont find anyone let me know and I will give you the dirtections and number

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
really? no one will regear your axles? thats ridiculous. go to my mechanic... he takes a couple of days to even look at your vehicle, but if you look at how packed his lot is you'll understand why. Usually expect back in 3-5 days. He's got 16 bays and I think somethin like 8 mechanics. He offered to regear my 9", put a new carrier in my TTB D44, and regear that also.

Balducci's Auto Service
100 frontage rd
cherry hill NJ
856 795-4800

Tell him nick with the orange bronco sent you. I can't promise a hook up on price, but I can promise you anything that gets done is done by his hands and done right the first time. He specializes in high end imports, bronco's are like working on bicycles to him.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Haha A and D is like a 3 mos wait if you can find him.

Alpha Transmission and Axle
Dean is his name
732-449-5142

Tell him Eric from automotive parts sent you and he'll take care of you..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I had talked to 6 or 7 reputable shops and only found one that would regear my axles. Only problem was they would only use OEM Ford gears which are expensive as hell and only come up to 4.10s. Pretty rediculous if you ask me. Anyway Ill be calling Alpha Trans this week to work out some prices. Judging from the 732 number they are in Ocean County, right? Anyway, thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yeah, he's right next to Belmar..he's in Spring Lake Heights. The reason they will only use OE ford gears is because the pinion depth is on most of them. These guys are lost w/o it. Dean can do it either way because I give him all types of gears to use. I already gave him the heads up that you may be calling.

·
Registered
101 Posts
camper bobs in lambertville/mount holly did my 96 tahoe and my 88 f350 rear diffs, new gears and posi units, great prices and service..I had an 'issue' w/ my f350, I dropped it off and did not even make it home ...before he called w/ diagnosis and $$ quote, I did not have the time to wait ....., done in 2 days w/ all new aparts, would have been 1 day if I knew what I was going to replace, a local toms river shop was $500 more and told me it would take 3-5 days to fix the tahoe which camper bobs did in 1 day...wait 'til you see the shop..:)

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
camper bobs in lambertville/mount holly did my 96 tahoe and my 88 f350 rear diffs, new gears and posi units, great prices and service..I had an 'issue' w/ my f350, I dropped it off and did not even make it home ...before he called w/ diagnosis and $$ quote, I did not have the time to wait ....., done in 2 days w/ all new aparts, would have been 1 day if I knew what I was going to replace, a local toms river shop was $500 more and told me it would take 3-5 days to fix the tahoe which camper bobs did in 1 day...wait 'til you see the shop..:)
camper bobs is a great place. I actually recommend that place as well. Very very reputable 4x4 and off road shop in NJ. Just expensive as hell.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yea I had talked to 6 or 7 reputable shops and only found one that would regear my axles. Only problem was they would only use OEM Ford gears which are expensive as hell and only come up to 4.10s. Pretty rediculous if you ask me. Anyway Ill be calling Alpha Trans this week to work out some prices. Judging from the 732 number they are in Ocean County, right? Anyway, thanks for all the help.
Is your bronco white w/ like 38"s by any chance?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know a guy with a white bronco on 38s on double trouble road in South Toms River. Mine is flat black on 35s. The truck that I need regeared is an F250 on one tons I picked up off of broncoxlt4x4. Im gonna be pulling the engine out of the bronco for the F250 if you need any parts from the bronco.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts