Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I have been working on 4x4s for quite some time now but just now getting into building axles and such. I have some questions about gear ratios. I have a 1988 F150 4x4 im building as a project ( already got my 88 bronco near done ). Anyhow I will be running a 9inch rear with a detroit locker and plan on running a detroit locker in the front as well, it still has the stock front axle in it ( will be getting changed to a dana 44 some time in the future. Anyhow I want a good pulling/pushing gear for the front and rear something thats goin be good for driving though too. I plan to sign the truck up for the open truck pull at our local fair this year so i want something thats goin help otu there but something that not goin totally kill my gas mileage as i still plan to drive the truck now and then. hope someone can help out

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
what size tires will you be running? if you are going 33s iu would say 410s 35 456s or even 488s then go up from there. do a search there is a sticky about gears

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yep... all depends on tire size...

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
The 9" isn't significantly stronger than the 8.8"; you'll just lose RABS. If you're trying to UPgrade, you need to think about D60s F&R, or a D50IFS & Sterling 10.25"/10.5".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts