Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all my stuff now. The only thing I dont want to install myself is my locker(rear) my L/S (front) and gears. I live in Quakertown (18951) and need a good gear shop with-in 30-45min drive. I know of one place in Landsdale but I heard you'll pay with both arms, one leg, one ball and maybe one of the wifes boobs.

Than you for your support:beer

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had mine done at Collis up the line some (Northampton?). I paid $2350, but that included labor, rear Eaton LS, front Dana Traklock, a pair of Precision Gear 4.56 gears, rear wheel bearings/seals, and the center u-joint. The receipt got gear oil on it at some point, and now is just a blank receipt. So I cannot tell you what the individual prices were. They had it a day since it was 45 minutes or so north of Hellertown. This was in April of 2003, and I've not had a lick of problems since.

--MIKE--

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good stuff. Do you have their number? Also I understand it was five years ago but any idea on the labor? I have all the parts.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Collis Truck is 610-837-1232. The best bet is to call Monday,tell the guy you want to get gearing redone, and they'll send you over to the right person. Just tell him that you have the parts, and just need a labor quote. Like I said, the receipt got oiled and lost the ink over time. And any quote from so long ago is not useful for current estimating. I drove down from MA on the recommendation of a high school friend, and am still happy with the results (other than the opinion that I went to high on the gears and should have done 4.30's, but that is all my fault).

--MIKE--

1 - 4 of 4 Posts