Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant decide if i want to just re gear the original axles and make them able to spin my 38s or should i try and buy 1 ton axle and do a sas so that theyare already able to do this . i dont wheel to often yet but i do want to make my rig just as capible as the next guy.

is it going to cost the same in the long run. to buy gears and lockers when i can buy 1 tons that are already geard and locked. i dont care about which is easy and fast.

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,798 Posts
Take your time, plan things out and go with the 1 tons.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOGG
is it going to cost the same in the long run. to buy gears and lockers when i can buy 1 tons that are already geard and locked. i dont care about which is easy and fast.

sounds like you answered that one for yourself

Not really, since I don't think he has a clear plan. The original post talked about regearing the stock axles period.

So if the original poster would make this a real question it might be better answered...ie what do you have now, what crap are you wanting to buy vs what 1 ton setup are you looking at, and is this other setup dangling in front of you, or are you willing to wait to find all the components at a reasonable price? All these posts just saying 1 ton are stupid easy without knowing detail. And you will be frustrated 1+ years from now not having accomplished anything, or having dropped WAY more money than you thought with regard to the SAS/1ton route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts