Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm some what of a newby so cut me some slack,ya right..

I have a 89 FSB 302 Aod.Currently have 4.11 gears w/ 33's. My overdrive has been slacking lately and losing power at 65-70 mph.I would like to upgrade to 4.56 or 4.88 gears but currently don't have the knowledge as to what to do.Very capable of doing it ,have most of the tools but lack the knowledge.

Basically looking for more low end torque(for towing) but want to be able to haul ass also.Did some minor engine improvements: MSD ditributor,coil and wires.New EEC,new TPS,new EGR and sylenoid,new O2 sensor,new maniflod gaskets,KN filter w/ tornado installed in each intake hose.Installed a 4" Superlift kit.

I don't do any rock crawling but do get muddy alot(no rocks in FLa). Need power to pull people out of the hole as well as get through the hole.Use truck for hunting purs also sometimes going through 3-4' of water.Any suggestions on making underhood watertight(electronics,relays switches,etc..)

Got a little sidetracked but you get the picture....:banghead

·
Billdo
2,191 Posts
wrong section but o well, itll get moved.
4.11s should be just fine with 33s, could be tanny issues. get a snorkle if your going throught that much water constantly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts