Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well almost got the rear done...finally about 6ish time frame we quit for the day sunday. After about 6 solid hours in the rain working we were ready to stop. All that is lacking is the brakes put back on, diff cover, and throw the tires on.

Saturday was mostly fighting this all day

we got it in and decided to go play some instead of working some more.

had to string tarps up...my ranger is behind holding that side up. it poured pretty good most of the day.

even had a support column

carrier almost in

axle shaft stuck in

shot of the inside of the pumpkin (pic was taken for Dave, but ended up not needing it)...by the way thanks Dave for putting up with all the phone calls, even while working on Johnski's rig.

Again thanks to Dave (Dave's Bronco 90) we found out why we couldnt get the stupid C-Clips in...Chris made short work of the problem with a dremel.

avi file here. after we got the shafts in we decided to crank the truck up and test her out....short video of it

last weekend we dropped Chris' tank to replace the filler neck

looks like someone was trying to syphon gas and broke the line of inside the tank

no wonder it would fill right
then we took the top off to go cruise around

Saturday after we got done working on my truck we decided to go out and do some playing. Ended up finding to guys in a 4x2 explorer a bit stuck. (which they pissed us off cause the driver said i dont care, my dad bought me this truck...could 16-17 year old *******)

at the time we didnt have my strap..didnt think anything about it, luckily this is right across the street from RJs house, found a crappy rope

now it is time to play

it took a dump

it was all fun and games until we decided to try to cross here...I had to climb out the pass window

got high centered on the tcase..think if we had the lift on we would have been fine

very soupy mud, trying to tie it off all we did was sink knee deep in it, almost lost my shoe

Luckily RJs mom's boyfriend has an 88 eddie bauer and he was right across the street. we were using a bigger rope this time while we waited for RJ to go to my house to get my strap from my bronco..swear that rope broke 4 times

finally got it out and had to leave the doors open for a few minutes to let it drain out of water and mud

all the mud except where Chris is standing is real goopy, anywhere you stand you sink but there, its what we high centered on

after wards we went to my "flex" spot to see what Chris' had to show, not bad for stock suspension on 33s

and a short vid of the pull that finally got us out

I say we had some fun this weekend

edit: links should be fixed for vids

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey Dan.

You need to fix the link to the vid. It just goes to a .gif image.

Good pics.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my bad ron, ill take care of it real quick

·
Registered
694 Posts
:thumbup

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Looks like fun:thumbup

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
SrATEX said:
You should call this one "Ode to open diffs!":toothless

·
Registered
461 Posts
looks like fun :thumbup

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WasACop3436 said:
You should call this one "Ode to open diffs!":toothless

i was laughing at that when it happened

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
SrATEX said:
by the way thanks Dave for putting up with all the phone calls, even while working on Johnski's rig.
We woulda finished up a lot quicker if you didn't keep calling:goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Danierl, spec it out now....I am impressed, all you need to do is bring your lazy a$$ over here to do that to mine....I am still stock 3.55, and no locks....

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
uh...looks like a great time in the mud....but that is the vent hose...you need it for filling up the tank with gas.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
redwagon said:
uh...looks like a great time in the mud....but that is the vent hose...you need it for filling up the tank with gas.

well damn, it fills up better now though

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
looks good, he oughta mini spool the rear, cheap and effective

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
redwagon said:
I dont know if that is the right name for it but it is supposed to be there. When I removed mine I found that I couldnt fill up at any of the newer stations without holding the nozzle up at a funny angle. It worked fine at the older stations but the new ones with the EPA mandated bellows wont pump without me standing there holding them.

They look like this.

But your in Alabama, so you should be fine since your newest pumps look like this. :goodfinge :toothless :histerica

I kid, I kid. :toothless

·
Registered
319 Posts
:thumbup :thumbup looks sweet

what was the reason for parking the broncos so far apart especially w/ the barn rite there

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just where they were parked. turned out to be about perfect for the tarps....barn doesnt actually belong to me. Land lords parents that live to the right of the house...though we stick stuff all the time in there.

so thats what them new fangled pumps look like up north :brownbag

·
Registered
561 Posts
SrATEX said:
Saturday after we got done working on my truck we decided to go out and do some playing. Ended up finding to guys in a 4x2 explorer a bit stuck. (which they pissed us off cause the driver said i dont care, my dad bought me this truck...could 16-17 year old *******)
You shoulda left them there. Damn *******. Nice rig you got going there. Looks like a lot of fun. :thumbup

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BigRigTruckin66 said:
You shoulda left them there. Damn *******. Nice rig you got going there. Looks like a lot of fun. :thumbup

thanks..black one aint mine though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts