Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hows everyone so i wonna upgrade my gears, i wonna get some gears that can give me speed and torque so which would be good thanks

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
hey hows everyone so i wonna upgrade my gears, i wonna get some gears that can give me speed and torque so which would be good thanks
you can not get speed and torque from re-gearing. It's one or the other. If you go down to a lower ratio (3.55 --> 4.10) then you'll get the low end torque, but when your at highway speeds your rpm's will be wrapped out.
Go to a higher ratio (3.55-->3.05) it's oposite.

What you want to do with gears is match them to your tire size.

And fyi, you need to post here, in the newbie section and read here, in the GEARS, GEARS, GEARS thread

·
Registered
157 Posts
Whay I think he means is, torque and quickness. There are a lot of people that call quickness speed. He needs to gear to the intended use while taking tire size into consideration ie, spends more time on the highway, he would want a little taller gear and if he spends more time off road he would want a little lower gear.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
you can not get speed and torque from re-gearing. It's one or the other. If you go down to a lower ratio (3.55 --> 4.10) then you'll get the low end torque, but when your at highway speeds your rpm's will be wrapped out.
Go to a higher ratio (3.55-->3.05) it's oposite.
If speed is what he wants, he will probably be able to go faster with 4.10's then with 3.55's. Maybe in a corvette this wouldn't be true but with the power it takes to push a Bronco through the wind at higher speeds he would want lower gears.

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
Another question is, what gears are currently in the Bronco?

If you have 3.55s, some 4.10s would be a good choice to give you more torque, and would boost your launch off the line. As said though, your highway speeds will suffer.

If you have 31s, and a 4.10s, your engine'll be at around 2500 RPMs at 75mph if you have overdrive. If you don't, you'll be around 3350. It's a 96, so I'm assuming it has overdrive. I think everything did by that era.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts