Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured we have an Ocala thread, HardRock thread, wrenching thread, so why not make a general offroading thread for stuff that doesnt directly relate to them. could be local small places you go to, other events

This weekends Angelo, WhoIsScubaSteve, and I went to the Trucks Gone Wild event at Redneck Mud Park. i brought my 88 thats been a non-stop grind to get ready and Angelo brought his 78. i also brought my 96 but not for offroading. was a fun trip, defiantly a crazy event. unfortunatly my 88 was such a rushed build that it was riddled with issues. Angelos truck did very well with only some tire leaking issue and stalling issues.

first hole i hit was ALOT deeper than i originally thought. kinda set us back a good few hours recovering from that.

after a few hours i managed to get it back running again but every time i managed to get it to a spot it would break down. was convinced water got in the fuel but after some diagnosing turned out the fuel pump was the issue. we disassembled the pump and removed an infernal sock inside the pump which was completely FUBAR. got it fixed and took it out again jsut to have the starter and the wiring messing up. turned out my cheap crappy switch panel was messing up and i had a bad ground. temporarly rigged them and now truck was running better than ever.

was soo happy to get it running i kinda had too much fun blasting through holes in 4low. ended up breaking both front axleshafts

spent most of sunday playing in 2wd occasionally getting stuck but still having fun. i let ScubaSteve drive it quite since he helped soo much working on it. it eventually stopped once the starter went out and brakes stopped working

·
Super Moderator
14,918 Posts
great pics especially that first one where you submarined it, reminds me of Holopaw....good to see the Bronco running..at least for a while..:thumbup

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was definitely a blast, despite all the setbacks. The submarine ride discouraged me a little since it was the first hole we hit. But Sunday was definitely a blast out on the trails. All in all, the thrashing to get that thing from a bare bones roller to a mud truck in 3 months, and all our various breakdowns this weekend, it was definitely worth it. And now that my street truck is finally on the street, really makes me want to build a mud truck myself.

·
Super Moderator
14,918 Posts
you guys definitely busted ass to get it done that's for sure...

Here is a pic from back in the day..hard to believe it's almost 10 years ago...that was some nasty mud..

·
Man of endless projects
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some of our friends have been planning a trip to go to 'Rancho' in Zephyrhills in the next month or so. its not a park but is a big area of land that alot of people use to go offroading before the county shut it down. but as long as you have someone who has access to a deed, its legal. any of you have any interest in going? its alot of trails and mud

·
September 15 FOTM
1,482 Posts
Redneck yacht club!!
20180324_114335 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180324_131002 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180324_115132 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180324_132655 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr
Someone brought a snowmobile

20180324_133315 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180325_101310 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180325_103757 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180325_103828 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr
Front deiveshaft no where near hitting

20180325_104152 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180325_104341 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr
Caught a cat fish
20180325_110052 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180325_135749 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20180325_135321 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

Theres videos on my flicker page

·
Man of endless projects
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its still funny that you caught a catfish on your axle

my list of things to do on all 3 trucks is getting very long. i have no idea when we plan on actually going but i defiantly needs some time to recover and repair

·
Man of endless projects
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
me and @WhoisScubaSteve went to Rancho Bonito this weekend near Zephyrhills with some friends and had some fun. place was still pretty dry but will be pretty flooded in summer. our friend have a deed for there so we plan on going there pretty frequent since its soo close to us.

i actually remembered to use my GoPro this time and took hours of videos! downside is that from the hours of video, alot is boring, repetative, lense covered in mud, fogged up, or the app failed... grrrr. so i spend some time and edited them today.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know its super short notice but there's an event at Lakeland mud bogs on July 7, it's the last event to be held there before the new land owners build a warehouse out there. I know kingfish and I were planning on going, but just thought I'd throw it out there to anyone. Itd be great to meet some other members!

·
Man of endless projects
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
never been to there myself. figured it would be something to do anwyays. event starts pretty late at 7PM but gates open at 10am and mudhole is open till 6pm.

·
September 15 FOTM
1,482 Posts
never been to there myself. figured it would be something to do anwyays. event starts pretty late at 7PM but gates open at 10am and mudhole is open till 6pm.

You going to enter the long junp compitition?

·
Man of endless projects
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we went to Lakeland yesterday. some of you guys missed out, it was pretty good. it was a smaller event but still pretty crowded. but most people stayed around the main event to watch so the mud areas wernt too bad. there were a ton of broncos out there. mud was fun to play in. well worth going to. got there around 4ish and stayed there till about 1am. i romped on my truck pretty good and only got stuck a couple times, didnt break anything but the fan clutch when did cause an overheat when idling. ScubaSteve did alittle bit but he was fighting starting issues and then broke his throttle cable once he got going. of all things to break a brand new throttle cable.

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
we went to Lakeland yesterday. some of you guys missed out, it was pretty good. it was a smaller event but still pretty crowded. but most people stayed around the main event to watch so the mud areas wernt too bad. there were a ton of broncos out there. mud was fun to play in. well worth going to. got there around 4ish and stayed there till about 1am. i romped on my truck pretty good and only got stuck a couple times, didnt break anything but the fan clutch when did cause an overheat when idling. ScubaSteve did alittle bit but he was fighting starting issues and then broke his throttle cable once he got going. of all things to break a brand new throttle cable.
That's a nice little family friendly place. When my Dodge group was pretty active, we used to have a GTG(Get ToGether) about every couple of months and we'd have people come from all over since it was pretty easy to get to, right off the interstate, and the area wasn't so deep and torn up that even stock vehicles could play a little bit.

We'd meet up and run around the mud pit for awhile and then have a "picnic" along the mud run area the rest of the evening while watching all the others get pulled out after trying to make it through the pit.

I've always though it'd be a great place for a central meet up. Maybe close enough for people from St Pete to Ocala could have an easy drive and still be able to get home decently.

·
September 15 FOTM
1,482 Posts
That's a nice little family friendly place. When my Dodge group was pretty active, we used to have a GTG(Get ToGether) about every couple of months and we'd have people come from all over since it was pretty easy to get to, right off the interstate, and the area wasn't so deep and torn up that even stock vehicles could play a little bit.

We'd meet up and run around the mud pit for awhile and then have a "picnic" along the mud run area the rest of the evening while watching all the others get pulled out after trying to make it through the pit.

I've always though it'd be a great place for a central meet up. Maybe close enough for people from St Pete to Ocala could have an easy drive and still be able to get home decently.

Unfortunately that was there last event

1 - 20 of 57 Posts