Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Nissan more than likely had a bad wheel bearing on the front passengers side (has for some time). Would that cause the alignment to be off? Ive had it aligned two or three times but it never helps much, always pulls to the right (where the bad bearing is)...

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If there's a bad wheel bearing the alignment shop should have pointed it out. You know how they like to recommend replacing stuff that doesn't really need replaced. I'm sure when something really does need replaced most places will be quick to tell you. Are you sure it's not a sticking brake caliper or bad brake hose?

·
Banned
22,024 Posts
Yes, bad wheel bearings will affect alignment. On a FWD, the thrust angle will also be affected, which is probably what you're actually feeling.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it could be a caliper, but definitely not a hose. It makes a roaring noise like a bearing, though and it stops when you turn toward it. Places that did the alignment didnt even mention any other possibilities when I complained that the damn thing wont stay in alignment, fawkers:twak thanks for the advice, preciate it:beer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts