Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, this may or may not have been posted before, but i have been searching for the last half hour or so trying to find some information and i keep coming up empty handed... anyway, i can't find a post anywhere that just lays the info that i want out, and i really am a newb when it comes to full size trucks (hey, 1st step is admitting the problem right? :D lol)...

anyway, in lamens terms to help me out, what is EVERYTHING involved in a 4" lift? i know i'm gonna have to buy the springs and the shocks for the front, but is that it? and in the rear, do i HAVE to buy the rear leaf spring or can i just put blocks under the leafs and lengthen the U-Bolts, and basically just any little detail that is involved with the lift itself and an estimate on costs if its at all possible... and if there is an informational post that i somehow did not come accross, i would be more than happy to delete this post and read up on that one :D... and i dno't want you guy's to get the wrong idea, cus i'm not an idiot, i've just seriously never dealt with lifting anything, and i've certainly never dealt with leaf suspensions before, and most of my car knowledge is based on cars, so i don't know much about the truck end of things...

anyway, thanks for any help, be it a link, or a small write-up...

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
well i know there is a post out there because i've posted in it, but i'm bored so here goes. i just did a 4" about 3 weeks ago....

the major stuff you will need, which should also come in the kit:
drop down brackets for the Twin Traction Beams
larger coil springs
either drop down brackets for your radius arms or extended radius arms (more $$$$)
longer shocks
drop pitman arm
for the back, you can do a shackle flip, blocks and longer u bolts, add-a-leaves, or new spring packs. i am running a block for now, but i will eventually get a custom spring pack from Deaver or National.

instead of a drop pitman arm for the steering, i would recommend doing a tie rod flip. (what i did)

you will probably need longer brake hoses. (don't get cheap here, pony up the extra cash for this)

when i did my lift, i got all new tie rods, new brake pads, and new camber aligment bushings (those may or may not be necessary, that varies from truck to truck)

the kits i would recommend looking into are Rancho, SKyjacker, Pro Comp or Dick Cepek. mine is a used pro comp/rancho/superlift combo.

ALSO CHECK THE LINK IN MY SIG LINE:goodfinge

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
Here is the link:
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6695
I recomend doing the rear shackel flip.
Keith L will sell you everything you need for a good price.
A lot of people say go 6", you'll wish you did 6 after you get the 4

Let me know when you do it, I'll come over eat your food, watch you do all the work, and make sarcastic coments. I might even hand you tools if you get lazy :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy351 said:
ALSO CHECK THE LINK IN MY SIG LINE:goodfinge
LOL, argh i knew at least one person would comment :banghead... i searched for awhile, but at the same time i wasn't really sure what i was searching for, so that may have helped :D haha... but i'll be sure to read over that other thread fireguy, thanks for the link, basically before i do anything related to automobiles i read up on it like crazy and make sure i know the in's and out's really well, but i don't know shit about lifting a truck haha...

thanks for the help guys :thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts