Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone. I should have my bronco in good running order by the end of the month. So i am planning on hitting the road and heading to an OHV park called General Sams. I have never been there or anywhere before but i hear its a good beginner place to wheel. This will be my first off road adventure ever. :brownbag So, if anyone else could make it out that would be cool. I am sure i will do some stupid noobi move and get stuck or something like that so it would be great to have another truck available to pull me out. If not, think AAA will come out? :toothless

·
always evolving
1,325 Posts
That is just shy of an hour drive for me. Been there before but it's been over a year. It's really nothing more than just alot of mud and a few lil hills to climb. There was one decent size climb out there but who knows how it looks a year later. I need to get out and play myself, so I would be down to come meet up with you. :beer

·
Registered
261 Posts
Did someone say MUD, Damn and I am still in here in the sand box. If you guys go take lots of Pics, I would like to see so I can be jealous. Be safe and have a lot of fun

·
always evolving
1,325 Posts
As it gets closer; post up actual time and date your headed out. Will do my best to keep that weekend clear.

JJ, as long as rain is minimal from now until then it shouldn't be too terribly muddy. it's no where near as bad as soggy bottom, that place turns into a swamp with the slightest rain... i am not big on mud myself either, but if it's in my path, i will sling it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think I want to go to Soggy Bottom when I get home, My rig is really set up for mud. To big and not enough flex for the rocks, plus Blower Carbs don't seem to like the articulation required. Planning on curing that problem when I get home with Fuel Injection, but would really like to see how she does as she sits. Where ever you guys go post some pics, I miss the rain, mud and especially grass. What does green look like again?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in case anyone needs info. Would be rockin if this turned into a decent size meet.

Will for sure keep you guys posted. July 31 is a for sure date. just not sure if i will go out the friday night before and camp out or head out early in the morning sat.

http://www.generalsams.com/

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mudmutt we should hit soggybottoms together!!! let the 39.5 boggers rule, your big block (cough.. chebbie) against my 1yr old and only 30miles FORD 302..:cry I haven't seen my big bronco since Oct, sitting out in Bastrop in a barn!! there should be some pic's of WAY to soggybottoms from last year.... only had 2 places to play, river was way past it's banks:whiteflag

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Hmmmm, Huntsville...watch out for the prisoners :toothless

I doubt I'll make this; the 79 is down in a bad way. I was doing some wheeling near home and got a little rambunctious; the end result was a bent trac bar (nowhere near my extension if anyone was gonna give me shit over that :toothless ) and an axle pushed over about 2". ...it's damn near touching the diff :D All in all, I've gotta make a new bar and lower mount before my junk can hit the pavement again.

That said I'm itching to go wheeling again in a bad way. Wish I could catch a little breathing room so I could work on this damn rig; the dirtdobbers are about to totally encase it :banghead. Anyway, it's been too long since FSB has had a Hot Springs trip to Superlift....... :D

BTW, what part of East TX are you from Hardbeaten? I'm around Texarkana.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Earth Raper, I am totally with you on letting the Boggers eat, I know that I have a Chebby, but sorry it was cheaper than trying to build a BBF blower motor, got the motor already built for 8000 in 07, it only has like 500 miles on it right now. But I am definetly ready to let her eat and see what she will do with 5.13 gears, I will be buggin everyone when I get back home to go wheeling. Probably around NOV, so try to keep a couple weekends free to go get muddy.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The only thing i really need to fix tha blown hub. Might go drive flanges just for the weekend type thing. Im gonna try real hard to get at least a locker in the front before this trip.....Detroit here i come!...anyone got one lying around???

·
always evolving
1,325 Posts
The only thing i really need to fix tha blown hub. Might go drive flanges just for the weekend type thing. Im gonna try real hard to get at least a locker in the front before this trip.....Detroit here i come!...anyone got one lying around???
A buddy of mine used to drive on the street without his hubs, then when he hit the trail he put in his homemade drive flanges. He liked it alot, until he found these

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-155131-dana-60-drive-flange-kit.html

he seems happier with these. just pull the slug and your ready to hit concrete again.... and still keep it capped.

i'll see if i can't come up with a locker, no promises, but i'll ask around.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Mudmutt we should hit soggybottoms together!!! let the 39.5 boggers rule, your big block (cough.. chebbie) against my 1yr old and only 30miles FORD 302..:cry I haven't seen my big bronco since Oct, sitting out in Bastrop in a barn!! there should be some pic's of WAY to soggybottoms from last year.... only had 2 places to play, river was way past it's banks:whiteflag
*note to self; get trailer hooked up and goto Bastrop.

There's no way I can manage the drive right now, my tire is still leaking. Guess its time to bling out the stocker.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm not sure how distance worthy my ranger is... That and 4hrs with no A/c unable to roll down the windows may suck.

Is it just for the day Saturday?

·
always evolving
1,325 Posts
I think he's only talking about wheeling on the saturday.... but he did say something about showing up friday night...? I'm planning just to run out there for the day. Probably get there bright and early and leave at sundown or when i've had enough mud. ;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
bigTX got any 8x170 wheel spacers lying around the shop?? I wanna try some on the fourdoor!

bruce you could meet me in temple or somewhere like that....that only adds like 30 minutes to my ride.

·
always evolving
1,325 Posts
sure don't... but i saw a guy on CL with some...(i am always searching CL) don't remember the price or anything... gimme a minute.. i will go find it.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts