Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have replaced all spark plugs with new ones, had the oil changed, new oil and air filter, shaped up the dist. cap....what else could i do to average some better gas mileage..or just for tune up.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i know..but i want to gte the most out of 302 as i can. i get about 6 or 7 now.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i read it....i have kind of shaped up the dist. cap but not reallly. i bought new spark plugs but not wires. so i need to gte a new cap, new wires,

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
ok so i read it....i have kind of shaped up the dist. cap but not reallly. i bought new spark plugs but not wires. so i need to gte a new cap, new wires,
Stick to Sewiv's shopping list

Carefully chosen you can land all of it, including the MSD coil, for under $140.00. That is "NUTHIN" compared to what you're dumping into your tank at 6-7 mpg:shocked

Throw away the spark plugs and get Autolite Coppers (read why in the write up). Be sure to gap em' out to .055 and after it's running great for a few days, then bump the timing.

The plug wires on yours sound whipped to death !

Sixlitre

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Do it i went from 7.5 to 14.5 MPG, granted there was a motor swap in there....lol

seriously i went from 10-14.5 on my truck

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am using bosch platinums..and i kept the old wires and cap....how much should the new cap and wires cost me?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
i am using bosch platinums..and i kept the old wires and cap....how much should the new cap and wires cost me?
Throw the platinums in the lake

get the cheapest Autolite Coppers for your engine. Buy the best plug wires you can afford and anybody's new cap & rotor.

Your local stealership sells Ford Motorsport 9mms for @ $45.00 a set.

Read the advice given in Sewiv's thread and follow it. It won't be hard to improve on your mileage.

Sixlitre

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok
can i get these items at like autozone or advanced auto parts?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
You do realize that all of the items that you listed help MAKE UP the ignition system right?

And yes most of the parts can be had locally. Just read the thread it will tell you everything.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.