Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem finding some 32x9.5 TSL Swampers that will fit a 15x8 rim. Interco has the TSL in a 31x10.5 but the only thing is I'll have to pay strict attention to the air pressure with TSL's and paying attention is one thing I AM NOT good at... So what should I do? What amount of air pressure should I air them to so they will run good on the highway and on rough rocky roads/mud without having to check the pressure all the time? Either way I WILL have TSL swampers within the next 1 1/2 year. The advantages of the 31x10.5 would be the outside lugs would be bigger thus more noise :rockon

What would y'all do? Im losing what mind I have here! :banghead

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
78Bronco4x4 said:
What amount of air pressure should I air them to so they will run good on the highway and on rough rocky roads/mud without having to check the pressure all the time?
if you're too lazy to check air pressure, then you don't belong near a 4wd

·
College User
2,018 Posts
The ltbs are soft as butter. I only use mine offroad so dont mind the wear.

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt say I wouldnt ever check them. :slap Just wanted to know how many psi I need to run them at for occasional highway driving/ casual off roading.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Get the TSL radials, like has been posted LTB's are way too soft. After you have them mounted, just toy with the preasure...you'll want to do this any way to get a good "foot print" on the road...it cuts down on "wander" I ran 14lb in my 38.5x16x15's..:shrug

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
k, heres what ya need to do, get your swampers, then get some chalk. but a chalk mark across the tread of one front tire and one rear tire. then drive about 1/2 mile and check the chalk's pattern. you want to really look close to get as accurate as possible. what you are looking for is there to be a perfectly even wear across the chalk line in that distance. repeat the steps until you get a nice even wear, then record that pressure. my tundra is running 31 psi in front and 28 out back. when i load it up the back goes to 33. play with your air pressures til ya get what ya want, you may be like me and have different pressures front and rear. just my .02, and im with andy, if ya dont check them often, you are stupid, i check mine about every 3 days, laziness will kill tires, trust me.

wes

·
Registered
389 Posts
gearrat said:
well i have the tsl ltb's on my 87 and i am already having to look into replacing them i put them on last feb or so
No sh!t? We kinda wondered what sort of milage you'd get out of them
John but in all honesty, I thought you'd have gotten more.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
just wondering why you want TSLs when in the other thread you said you dont use 4wd offroad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts