Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, my little 8 year pitstop here in Oklahoma is drawing to a close. Yesterday Ashley was offered two jobs in Illinois as a Unit Administrator for Army Reserve units. One position was in Marion, Ill and the other in Decatur, Ill; we chose the one in Decatur. She will be a federal civilian employee and start as a GS-7 making over $35,000 base pay plus a cost of living adjustment which I believe will be another three or four thousand bucks. Not too shabby for a 22 year old gal without a college degree :thumbup

The beauty of this is that I have a very good friend from college who works at University of Illinois, which is only about 35 miles away in Champaign-Urbana, and her husband is one of the head honchos who hires the computer guys like myself at the university...she said there is a very good chance I can get on with the school as a network admin...currently there are three positions open that I am qualified for :chili: AND, if I can get on with the university I can start working on my masters degree for free. In addition, Ashley will be able to finish working on her degree.

This is a big deal because I originally went to college in Illinois and, call me :wacko , but I love the state and I have a lot of friends scattered around there.

We knew we were going to move and it was only a matter of time. I have already put my house on the market and hopefully it will sell in a reasonable amount of time. Ashley and I want to get the hell outta this area and start from scratch, now it is going to happen :chili: :chili: :chili:

JahWarrior...you up for a beer and some political debate???

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm...uhhh...ask Jah...

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Hey hey! Welcome back to IL! This mean you guys are gonna make the Midwest Chapter M&G in June? :beer

BTW, the wheeling sucks mostly, but if you travel a little ways, its not too bad, and if you travel a little further, its great! :toothless Badlands is only 3.5 hours from me, which isn't too bad. From Decatur, you'll be a lot closer than me. Decatur is about a 2 hour drive North of me.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Glad to hear things are moving forward for you Tre and HAM

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ya'll.

I do know that down in southern Illinois there is the Shawnee National Forest area with some good wheelin'. I suppose, however, that the majority of the wheeling I will do will be in snow during the winter.

When and where exactly is the Midwest chapter M&G??? We'd love to go :toothless

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Belleville Illinois

That town suck a big 1-----I grew up there and am so glad to be away from there, just remember Illinois has all the stupid emission laws and height laws,the cops suck too

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
harleykeith said:
That town suck a big 1-----I grew up there and am so glad to be away from there, just remember Illinois has all the stupid emission laws and height laws,the cops suck too
The only places in IL that have emission laws are the Chicago and surrounding areas, and the Metro-East area down south outside of St Louis.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Welcome back to high insurance premiums and inexpensive speeding tickets

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, I just checked out the thread on the M&G...sounds like a rockin' good time. I don't see why Ashley and I can't be there! That is only like 100 mi. from where we'll be. Count us in :thumbup My birthday is on June 1, so that can count as my b-day celebration :chili:

So, how will a bone stock Bronco w/ BFG A/T 31s do in the Badlands?

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
TreR1969 said:
I do know that down in southern Illinois there is the Shawnee National Forest area with some good wheelin'.
Great wheeling... Just don't get caught! The environazis have gone apeshit down here... I'm trying to hook up with some people in the Pamona area who have some private land.

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
TreR1969 said:
Hey, I just checked out the thread on the M&G...sounds like a rockin' good time. I don't see why Ashley and I can't be there! That is only like 100 mi. from where we'll be. Count us in :thumbup My birthday is on June 1, so that can count as my b-day celebration :chili:

So, how will a bone stock Bronco w/ BFG A/T 31s do in the Badlands?
It'll be my first time there, but from what I understand, that will all depend on your line, and which trails you take :toothless You won't be the only close to stock rig there though, and if we have enough people, we'll probably split into a couple of different groups. The stock and near stock rigs can tackle some easier trails, and the more built rigs can hit the harder stuff. Should be an awesome time. BTW, you should be pretty damn close to Rockport also, so you may want to look into that sometime.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I was in college in the early/mid 90s at SIU we used to take my 2wd Ranger banging around the trails down there without any flack. Doesn't surprise me that things have changed a bit, though. We also used to mountain bike in Giant City State Park south of Carbondale...we actually got more trouble for doing that...the horsey riding people didn't like us on "their" trails (they were actually marked as hiking trails)...something about coming around a corner and spooking their horse or somethin'...:shrug

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
TreR1969 said:
When I was in college in the early/mid 90s at SIU we used to take my 2wd Ranger banging around the trails down there without any flack. Doesn't surprise me that things have changed a bit, though. We also used to mountain bike in Giant City State Park south of Carbondale...we actually got more trouble for doing that...the horsey riding people didn't like us on "their" trails...something about coming around a corner and spooking their horse or somethin'...:shrug
AFAIK, Giant City trails are still open to bikers. I love hiking in that area. If you goto the right places around Shawnee Forest areas, your odds of getting caught are usually pretty slim as long as you don't have 100 people out there with loud ass rigs getting crazy. Rattlesnake Ferry is still a good wheeling spot.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zach94 said:
welcome back, i'm not to far away down here in peoria

Thanks...you gonna make the M&G???

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zach...My first serious girlfriend from college was from Germantown Hills...last I heard her parents were still there. I think the girl I dated, however, turned ***** shortly after we broke up...does wonders for a guy's confidence :doh0715:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts