Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this really is the best spot for this but owell...

On the Radio theyre advertising a truck/jeep type O Course here at our Coliseum, they say theres "sharp left turns, sharp right turns, a mud hole, and a jump where you can get some air"... I picked up of info on it, and theres a street legal, O course, and a "baja" type of truck Course, Im going to see if this "jump" is for which one, but was wondering, has anyone gotten air with the BKO...succesfully...?

Maybe a dumb Q. but wth

·
Registered
784 Posts
i've got air in almost every vehicle i own. of course im talking about the inch or so on certain overpasses on the highway at well above posted speed limits, and a few side streets with some nice grades.

its scary every time

i almost watches a motorcyclist i was "racing" kill himself because we hit one of these spots.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve... was truck still running, or did it break something(s)?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
i got like 2 inches of air over some rail-road tracks with my 150, doin like 10 over the speed limit. i really don't know how high i just know the front end came off the ground a little bit. i won't do it again, not worried about damage, just that it is unsafe, and dangerous. i didn't even mean to do it the first (and last) time.

shit, for all i know, it didn't even come off the ground, it was just the front end unloading, :shrug, i don't give a shit, i don't do that over the tracks anymore.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
I jumped the bronco a couple times, couple feet off the ground, it was a table top style jump though, ramped landings are easier on the suspension than flat bottom landings, chances are if you try it, you'll break something. But it should still run.

Yeller

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dude, I go to these shows as many times as I can...It is always some beat-to-hell Samurai or other crapper that wins...It's always better to see someone break his stuff rather than break your own...It is always a bunch of truck pieces everywhere when the stock guys try the big jumps!!...

·
I ♥ TTB
4,263 Posts
I've launched mine pretty good when it was on 35's without the suspension lift... Messed up my balljoints but that was it....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks abunch guys!!! appreciate it alot, They canceled the show this weekend... DAMN... owell will remember it for next time...

Thanks again

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Steve83 said:
That's no excuse - you started this thread, now go JUMP SOMETHING! And have a cameraman at a safe distance so we can see what happens. :toothless

I could get one of my jeep, but the bronco has tow duty so I can't break it. I'll try to put up a pic of my cousin's Ranger jump. Might be a few days.

Yeller

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well its indiana, so its like all flat here lol...

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Get a backhoe and make a ramp. Duh!

Kids these Days, no imagination. It's a damn shame.

Yeller

·
I ♥ TTB
4,263 Posts
Oldyeller said:

Yeller
Funny you should say that... The most glorifying jump I did in my bronco involved a modified dirtbike jump courtesy of the bobcat that peaked at about 7 feet.... As my rear wheels left the jump my front end was probably at about 10 feet or so... It promptly nose dove onto the flat... fun stuff... If I was computer savvy I'd find a way to get it off the 8mm tape and onto the computer :beer

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yea once i jumped a bridge and got a little sideways wont ever do it again at least with my bronco ha

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
As you can see by the bouncing prior to the jump I don't have shocks on the passenger side. I broke them off eralier in the day and had forgotten about it until it was to late Ooop's. Nothing broken though. A leaf sprung Dana 60 can take alot of abuse.

This was my 3rd pass. I was bound and determined to get all 4 off the ground at the same time.

It's an avi just under 8 megs. Enjoy.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/178629//Feb%2019%20Scott%20Bud%20Adrian%20018.avi

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
dogonmut said:
As you can see by the bouncing prior to the jump I don't have shocks on the passenger side. I broke them off eralier in the day and had forgotten about it until it was to late Ooop's. Nothing broken though. A leaf sprung Dana 60 can take alot of abuse.

This was my 3rd pass. I was bound and determined to get all 4 off the ground at the same time.

It's an avi just under 8 megs. Enjoy.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/178629//Feb%2019%20Scott%20Bud%20Adrian%20018.avi
That was cool, I laghed almost as much as the camera man.

I hit a wash out (like that first one you went through) years ago while driving down a gravel road in my ranger. I was doing about 100 kilometers/hour down a straight away when I suddenly saw the wash out going across the road.

I locked up my brakes and just as I hit the wash out I released the brakes and I don't know how much air I made, but I'm sure it was about the same as your jump. My friends and I just howled.
I didn't know it at the time, but my wheel bearings blew apart either going up or coming down. I drove it home like that too, simply because I didn't know. I was young and inexperienced about mechanical repair then.

It wasn't until the next day while I was walking towards my truck from the garage that I noticed the DS tire almost literally leaning over like this \ I was lucky I didn't lose a tire while driving home on the freeway.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oldyeller said:

Yeller
I got a backbone, but I also dont have anywhere to wheel either, so a jump is outta the question till I find somewhere to wheel at...

Sweet video, looked like a smooth landing :rockon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts