Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting Bronco Back On The Road After A Year-What to do + other questions.

The Bronco hasnt been driven in a year as I said. I will do the following

I already changed oil/filter

I plan on-
-Changing Tranny Fluid and addding external filter
-Coolant Flush/Cleaner/Fill
-Power Steering Fluid-Never changed in the 2 years I've owned the truck
-New Serp. Belt-Mine is old and cracked.
-Check Idler Pulley and Tensioner Pulley for smooth operation
-Run A Can of Seafoam through Tank/Oil/Brake Vacuum each.
-Grease all suspension fittings
-Change plugs to basic Autolites-made the mistake of going with Platinums before I knew better.

I changed both diff. fluids about a year and a half ago. The service manual says every 100,000 miles...do they need changed because they sat for a year?

My windshield washer pump isnt coming on. I checked the fuse and it's good. I can also hear the relay clicking when I push the button but I do not hear the motor working. I'm embarrassed to ask but where isthe motor? Is it under the tank or is it the unit that is on the top of the engine compartment mounted to the firewall?

Besides all of this what else should I do to get it in tip top shape? I did a solid tuneup, new brakes, brake lines, tires, etc. before it went into "storage"...is there anything I'm missing or that you think I should do?

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. I screwed up the thread title and attempted to fix it but can't..if a Mod sees this please help me out...thank you.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,917 Posts
Check to see if your gas still smells like gas. If it does, then you're good. If not, then add some fuel system cleaner to the tank before starting. Drive immediately to the gas station and fill up (the whole tank) on fresh gas. After that tank is down, change the fuel filter just to be safe.

The washer pump is in the bottom of the fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clarko said:
Check to see if your gas still smells like gas. If it does, then you're good. If not, then add some fuel system cleaner to the tank before starting. Drive immediately to the gas station and fill up (the whole tank) on fresh gas. After that tank is down, change the fuel filter just to be safe.

The washer pump is in the bottom of the fluid reservoir.
OK...fuel filter.. I did this right before it sat but it DID sit for a year with the same 1/4 tank o' gas so a Fuel Filter is a good idear..

Awesome...I'll check and see if the pump is even plugged in..it might not be..who KNOWS what happened to my Bronc in the last year! It was sitting in my friends shop while the paint prep/duraback/suspension/stereo/alt/etc. went in and various "helpers" came in and out of the shop tinkering while I wasnt around...needless to say my friend owes me about $500 for all the parts that came up missing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.