Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after work yesterday I went and checked out a new junk yard in town due to boredom and found a few rows of old vans and old model F series trucks, so as you can imagine, there's a great surplus of sag pumps.

To keep a long post short; is there a certain way to have a sag sitting? Such as, tilt to the left- right- sitting straight up? I figure if I drill a hole for the top mount into the sag bracket and then mount that up, I will be set but it will leave me with it tilting inward: Good or Bad?

I figure if that's a bad idea, I can take one of those slider things similar to the bracket the adjusting bolt sits on the Alternator to line it up.

It looks as if it will work since the lines are at the base of the pump, but just wanted to make sure since I have to space the bracket a little to get the pulleys to line up.

Also, I found a huge ass V-belt pulley that looked like it was 8" across on one of the sags. If it would fit in my situation, I can only imagine that it would be superior compared to the pulley I have now? Bigger the pulley the faster it turns, and I've never heard anyone say their pump sucks because of the high amount of flow. Any ideas on that?

Anyway, here is how the pump is bolted up as of now, Tell me it looks awesome...

Don't mind the belt, I decided to fiddle before I took the pics, I will be wanting to put the belt on the empty pulley, which you can see in the second pic. (?) The fan will clear the belt.

And just so everyone knows this is for a FE 360/390 engine. Info. on the swap with this block is non-existing; it seems.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
I can't answer your question for sure as I have a different body style and setup for mine but it looks like it should work fine. As long as it doesn't interfere with anything else or spill the fluid out the top you should be good.

And
kf4amu said:
Bigger the pulley SLOWER it turns.
You need a smaller pulley if you want it to spin faster.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Day started off well,
I found the slider bracket I was looking for to save me some drilling and I got the whole thing mounted up, lined up and was about to call it colplete until I went to tighten the bolt on the bottom and broke apart the hole the held the bolt onto the engine. Never fails.

Lucky for me, the old bracket was only held in by the top bolt and the bolt on the back, so at least I wont have to guess on that...

Looks like I'll have shitty steering for awhile..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts