Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i took the front fenders, front brace, bumper, hood, hinges, and about to take the inner fender wells off tomorrow, getting ready for the new paint on the '79. while taking everything apart, i was surprised at how many adjustments there are. everything is slotted...everything. :scratchhe I cant really mark around it because it is going to get repainted, and thought about using an engraver tool to etch the outlines, but im not sure those will be there either after the sandblast. how complicated is it to get this lined up upon re-assembly, and are there any tips/tricks for this? what do y'all think

·
Forward Some Money
5,044 Posts
If everything is still aligned, drill small holes in overlapping parts. Works great.
For pieces that adjust in/out & side/side, like the hood to hinges, drill 2, one at the front and back. Be careful not to hit the backside of the skin.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for yalls advice! makes me a bit more comfortable loosening all this stuff off. haha the hood is off and so are the hinges, and fenders, but the inner wells are still in. i can see the lines where the hinges sat, i might put them back on there just to do that. i guess some black silicone would fill the holes pretty good afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts