Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am flipping my rear springs around, but the front and rear eye busshings have different ID's. Front is 5/8" and rear is 9/16". I need to swap them, but I cant get them out. Any easy way to get them out or am i gong to have to go find a shop and have them pressed out?

BTW the leaves are brand new skyjackers, bushings came pre pressed in. I think they are rubber.

edit:NEVERMIND, SOLVED

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they dont extend past the edge of hte leaves. they also have a center sleeve for the bolt that is stuck in there with the bshings. that would make heating it with a torch take a lot longer, and I would risk messing with the tempering of hte steel... Im just going to get them pressed out at the stealership or a shop or something.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I ended up using the torch to heat up the leaf which in turn melted the bushing so I could push it out. Then I had to push out the shim that remains, and for that I used an air hammer. Don't worry about ruining the spring, you wont. Just let it cool down slowly, do not use water or anything else to speed up the cooling process.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Try one of those portable hand held propane bottles, or take the leafs to a shop and get them to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts