Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sun is shining, today. I have been puting it off for about a year now and I decided Im going to get my 87 fired up and driveable. It was totalled by the insurance co. and has sat for a while. I would like to get him running again and set him up strictly for offroad :goodfinge

Current Issues: Steering wheel has approx 3" of play, as a result am not able to start with a key, which makes it difficult to pass State Inspection:wacko
Damage to both fenders, passenger side door, both bumprs, tailgate damage from being rearended, then hitting truck in front of me.

Since it has been sitting for a while I am changing oil, & filter, and putting in a fuel additive. Then Im going to pull the steering wheel to see what all is loose. I would like to tank Steve83 for all his extensive diagrams and for letting me know it was minor compared with yanking column, which is what I thought I would need to do.

Will post pics of my fun:thumbup

87 FSB 351, carb, man t/c, 33s needing to be replaced

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The steering wheel is the only thing that moves. The rest of the column is attached under the dash and its not moving. Afer purchasing a steering wheel puller, pulled cover off wheel, and realized I will probably need a claw style puller. The one I bought is for steering wheels / harmonic balancer.:banghead

1 - 3 of 3 Posts