Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my old truck from a guy who used it in his painting biz. I have paint all over the spray in bedliner and the wheels (how it got on the wheels, I dunno). I need some ideas as to what I can use to get it off?

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
try a power washer yet?
the bedliner is prolly f'ked
the wheels likely could be either power washed to get it off or use some aircraft stripper on them

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,596 Posts
Brake fluid...removes paint.

test in inconspicous spot as it may remove more than you want.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Anything wrong with just painting over the bed liner to cover the paint splatter? May not look perfect, but it'll be much cheaper than a whole new bed liner. As for the wheels though, it all depends on how much trouble you want to go to. Could be as easy as brake fluid or mineral spirits, might be as tough as wire wheeling or sand blasting.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I agree with Dave that you shouldn't go as far as getting the bedliner resprayed, painting it could be your best move because anything that would eat the paint might eat the rubber?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
pressure wash it, it should get alot of it off. im talking about 2700+PSI. its slightly abbrasive to softer surfaces so it sould do ok, just check somewhere unimportant first

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
So, just use black spraypaint or what about that undercoating spray stuff?
No undercoating, it is does not dry hard enough for the inside surface of a bed.

Try lacquer thinner for the paint on the wheels, it will take it right off. If the wheels are painted it will probably take the OE paint off to so be careful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts