Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall, im kinda new o the world of four wheeling and trail riding, and i was wondering if there are any modifications i should make to my truck to get ready for the uwharrie trail run. just the kind of small stuff that makes a rig so much easier to drive and more enjoyable to run. also a list that included what kind of things i should bring with me to stay out there friday nite and saturday nite camping.

also, which type of fuel line dissipates heat better, rubber line or that braided aluminum stuff? i had a problem with vapor lock, so i replaced the steel line with rubber line from the pump to carb as a quick fix. now im wondering if replacing the rubber line with aluminum will be a better fix.

·
Retired
16,018 Posts
I would put a hard line in...

As far as small mods.... I would put some sort of tow hook front and rear... CB would be cool because that way you can talk to the rest with out getting out of your rig...:thumbup

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Run In The Sun!

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Deffinatly tow hooks. Those are a must have. Atleast 1 front and 1 rear. CB will be really helpful as well. Um other than that just the basic stuff like was said. Just get your rig in top running order and you should be alright.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
78broncoboy said:
i appreciate that guys. what about lengthening diff vent hoses and stuff like that? how X73M3 are the trails in uwharrie?
I lengthed mine a while back just because. You wont need to for uwharrie. Are you lifted? The trails can be as "extreme" as you want to make them. The harder places have bypasses.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
one thing you might want to cosider is takin the sway bars off to get some added flex. It will def. help out on some of the harder parts of the trails.

I would def. buy a cheap CB, just so you can communicate easily with everyone esp since it will be your first time, plus they are fun.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
magnumpi said:
one thing you might want to cosider is takin the sway bars off to get some added flex. It will def. help out on some of the harder parts of the trails.

I would def. buy a cheap CB, just so you can communicate easily with everyone esp since it will be your first time, plus they are fun.
I would only take off the front one though. Trust me, the rear flexes plenty with it on.

You can pick up a CB for like $20 at radioshack. I gave mine away to someone in the "charlotte crew". I think Johnski, but I think magnumpi has it now.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Marauder said:
You can pick up a CB for like $20 at radioshack. I gave mine away to someone in the "charlotte crew". I think Johnski, but I think magnumpi has it now.
yup, its hooked up in my bronco now....that has no motor...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Take both front and rear sway bars off and throw them as far away as possible,there worthless IMO.Not like you need it to corner well on a trail.

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts
Billz4x4z said:
Take both front and rear sway bars off and throw them as far away as possible,there worthless IMO.Not like you need it to corner well on a trail.

:stupid

I ended up cutting mine up and using a piece as a brace for my upper trac bar mount. It works pretty good :thumbup

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Billz4x4z said:
thats a good idea, and wont they help with the articulation a little bit?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts