Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend just bought a 2002 Explorer Sport (yay it's a Ford), but the horn sounds like it came out of a Toyota Yaris (Which I believe is gayer than the car the Japanese people drive in the Wii commercials). I don't really want to put air horns in her truck because (1)I'm lazy, and (2) she won't let me go drillin' into her new truck, I'm almost sure of that. I'm looking for a decent horn to replace the stocker. I'm thinking I'll hit up the Ford dealership and honk some of the F-450's or something and see what they sound like. I get a sweet discount there anyways. BUT I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good horn to replace the ghey explorer one.

:beer

Tony

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
My 2002 Ranger is the same way. I'm actually gunna try to find some in the boneyard from a 93 Explorer. My folks have a 93 Explorer Sport and the horn on it is pretty burly.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
:stupid: check those bastids out.

and i hope Chex reads that Yaris comment, though I dont think he would argue, or just say 40MPG and be done with it:rofl:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My horn is gay too. When I want to get people's attention, I just drop it in N and floor it. Works way better than any horn, although I really need to replace mine. I'll look into the '93 Explorer one.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
my horn on my bko sounds wimpy. I can rev my engine and make someone pee their pants though so I have no need for a loud horn. One time I made a kid fall of his skateboard. Last time that little fvcker rides down the middle of the road. I think I still have some of him on my drag link. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
my horn on my bko sounds wimpy. I can rev my engine and make someone pee their pants though so I have no need for a loud horn. One time I made a kid fall of his skateboard. Last time that little fvcker rides down the middle of the road. I think I still have some of him on my drag link. :thumbup
ROFL!

Who needs a horn when ya got a monster engine:toothless

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I'd agree about the hellas. I've been considering some hella supertones for my honda DD since it is so damn small it could hide in ANY blind spot not to mention people here are extremely stupid anyway. Hella makes some other stock looking trumpet type horns that are suppose to be good as well...

I know it's probably somewhat nit picky and some say the same about a Bronco but I have a hard time calling an explorer a "truck". A "rig" sure but a truck...no. That'd be like calling a Cherokee a truck.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
I know it's probably somewhat nit picky and some say the same about a Bronco but I have a hard time calling an explorer a "truck". A "rig" sure but a truck...no. That'd be like calling a Cherokee a truck.
Cherokee-Unibody POS
Explorer-built on a frame, a truck frame to be exact making it a truck.

As for the rev stuff, yeah it's fine in my bronc, thats what I do in it, but get the 6 banger revving it's not near as intimidating. I may find some 5 note caddy horns in the boneyard as well and rig em up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll look into the Hella's. You think the bone yard would let me in with a little 12v battery to test the horns? :toothless

Oh yeah and her explorer is like a mini bronc without a removable top haha - i'm proud.

Thanks guys
:beer

Tony

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
or you could rock one of these like me

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
You sound like a prime candidate for a Hornblasters setup. :toothless

www.hornblasters.com

:histerica

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Harbor freight all the way!

Adrianspeeder
Im sure the setup is realtively cheap, but how loud it is say compared to the stock horn? Mine sounds like an animal dying most of the time when "honk" it...:cry

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,983 Posts
Yeah thats the one. I'll try to get a recording, but people jump if your in front of it. How's your wiring? I got 12gauge runnin' to everything and have a better relay to help with gettin' max current to the compressor.

Adrianspeeder

1 - 20 of 27 Posts