Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I do not intend in ANY way to prevent anyone planning on going to Gilmer from doing so. HOWEVER, like I said in Mineral Wells, unless I trip over a huge chunk of pure gold I probably won't be able to go to Gilmer.

My question is this: How many people will not be able to make it to Gilmer, but could head out to Burlesson around March 11?

My thinking is: why should we have to sit around wishing we were at Gilmer just because we can't afford to go? :thumbup

Again, if you are planning or hoping to go to Gilmer, DO SO. It will no doubt be a blast and there's certainly a lot more there than Burlesson. This thread is just to gauge interest in a small day run for those of us who can't make it out to Gilmer.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I'm thinking Gilmer in March, and Burleson in May...I'd like to keep meeting about once every two months...Not too close together and not too far...Wouldn't mind planning a weekend camping in the summer at Palo Duro or near some good swimmin hole-but they gotta be able to take dogs:thumbup

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
ruger1022 said:
-but they gotta be able to take dogs:thumbup
Trail dogs rule!

Anyway, whichever y'all decide is fine with me. I probably won't be able to make a Burleson trip March 12, but I definitely want to go check it out sometime soon, especially since it's relatively close to us. If I miss it, I'll definitely try to make it the next go-round, though.

And yeah, I can understand not having the fundage to make the Gilmer trip. I think it's $20 a day, plus camping fee (unless you're just going for a day, in which case you pay no camping fee), plus fuel for a 4-hour rountrip voyage. If you pay the annual membership fee of $40, they let you in free for that weekend, but you still have to pay the camping fee. After you pay the annual fee, I think the next visit is $15 a day, and a cheaper camping fee. Their rates are on www.texasmotorizedtrails.com .

Since y'all like mud, another choice is Shiloh Ridge in Alto, TX, 30 minutes north of Lufkin and about 3 hours southeast of Dallas. (www.shilohridge.com) Beautiful, tall pine trees and lots and lots of really slick, red-clay mud. I went many years ago and noticed that alot of the trails are kind of tight, resulting in a high risk of pin-striping. Don't know what it's like now, though. It was $15 a day to get in back then.

But yeah, Burleson and Mineral Wells are free, at least for now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Buleson on the 11th. I'm not free on sundays. but Fridays after 12:00 and Sat are good. and on that note, I'm thinking I'm in the same boat as Rick and I won't be able to go to Gilmer. but I'm all for Burleson any time y'all wanna go.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doh! I can't read. I meant the 11th.

Edit: And what would you guys think of meeting up somewhere like Broncos or someplace downtown (Fort Worth) once a month?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I'd like a photo op of our Broncos in front of Broncos. Maybe blow it up to 8x10, have the owner hang it on his wall somewhere and give us a discount on the weekend lunch menu - :D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured if we got a regular meet there (every month) that might come with the territory :toothless

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Ubermich said:
I figured if we got a regular meet there (every month) that might come with the territory :toothless
I have a better chance of being there on a Saturday, just not the first of the month. Got drill every first of the month...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm gonna be startin track season soon, and they tell me theres a meet every weekend, but I should be done between 12 and 2, then they said 430 at the latest. So thats what my schedules like startin mid feb.I can dig downtown, as long as its downtown fort worth, and bronco's is cool too.

Camping would be sweet this summer. Hopefully my dog will be trained by then.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me give the owner of Bronco's a shout and see what he thinks... What do you guys think about the 2nd or 3rd Saturday every month at about 6?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sounds good to me. I'll be out of town either the weekend of the 18th or the 25th, though.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Ubermich said:
Let me give the owner of Bronco's a shout and see what he thinks... What do you guys think about the 2nd or 3rd Saturday every month at about 6?
Sounds great, think we need to try and make the start time before dark though, I really like having the pictures afterwards...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Guys i jus found this thread and i forgot to check my messages in time to go to mineral wells, so next trip i am all in. I wanna see more pics from Mineral wells.I am also in for Burleson anytime.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No, i dont live that far so i can check them out and ill ask some of my 4wheelin buddies if they know of anythin better. Place i go to alot is by the Trinity river by the railroad tracks,but it aint much bigger then like 20 acres or more with a huge pond in the middle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A friend said theres some behind walmart. He's gonna show me them tommora. ill get some pics, might be the same place ur talkin bout.

*Edit* My jeep friend said that the 360/Trinity river place is 10 times bigger than Burleson trails, he saids thers like 3 big hills nothin much. So TxBronco82 have you been there rite, How big is this place?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Kyle, we've been wondering about that trinity bridge thing off of 360...

How many times have you been there and how many times have you seen people being ticketed??:enforce

·
Registered
57 Posts
Been there about 5 times. There was some barricades but they got towed off into the bushes by sum1. I have never personally seen any police out there or heard of any tickets cause i see people there all the time that are fishing. Im not saying its not possible. The place is alot funner when its muddy tho. But i could do pretty much all the trails in my stock bronco wit no front bumper when it was dry. The only problem with the place is you have to watch out for trash ever so often because some people dump stuff there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts