Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I park my bronco, leave and come back there is a huge puddle of water every time. All of my fluid levels are staying constant and yes its definitely water. I dont know where the hell its coming from! But its starting to freak me out!

·
Registered
918 Posts
well where is the leak coming from?The front or rear of the truck?

T

·
0 Posts
Could it be the drain from the AC?
Have you been running it a lot.
Mine never seemed to drain until I shut the truck off.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's coming from the right front well, but the stupid gap guards are blocking my view. (ripping those freakin' things off when it comes back from the body shop) And I'm pretty sure that its not rain getting trapped, because its been fairly dry around here. I haven't been running the A/C at all. I dunno, she's still running fine, so I guess that it can't be anything too serious.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Maybe its all the beer from last weekend ya spilled in there :shrug :beer

Sounds stupid, but did ya check your washer fluid resavior:shrug

I dont know what your weathers like, but condesation from overnight can get trapped :shrug Other than that :shrug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got AC? Ya mine does that too, the ac condensor has a drain it the bottom or something mine has done that since ive owned it and it has never caused any problems... Just a little water... gives you another reason to park in the front yard..LOL

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Its the air conditioner. Have you been running you defroster. The defroster turns the a\c on, but instead of cooling the air the purpose is to use the evaperator to dry the air. See the defroster works like this, Turn the defroster on this turns on the a/c and moves the vent doors to re rout the air. The blower moter blows air threw the cold evaporator core where moisture in the air condenses on it. the air then blows threw the heater core where it is heated. The water that condensed on the evaperator core drains out the front of the pasenger side fire wall.

I hope this helps:thumbup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gacknar said:
Its the air conditioner. Have you been running you defroster. The defroster turns the a\c on, but instead of cooling the air the purpose is to use the evaperator to dry the air. See the defroster works like this, Turn the defroster on this turns on the a/c and moves the vent doors to re rout the air. The blower moter blows air threw the cold evaporator core where moisture in the air condenses on it. the air then blows threw the heater core where it is heated. The water that condensed on the evaperator core drains out the front of the pasenger side fire wall.

I hope this helps:thumbup

DAMN!!! Good call Gacknar..... :beer Nice little FYI.... The minute I read <another_ford's> problem I knew it was AC but I didn't know how the defroster worked.... This is a great board....

·
Registered
98 Posts
When you turn the defroster on it also turns on the ac compressor. If you have the temp slider in the cold postion it will blow cool air conditioned air, If you have it in the hot postion it will blow hot air from the heater core. Either way the ac compressor comes on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay well then....

so your AC crap is gone... all or just the pump? Post a picture if u can.. And you say your defrost is good to go. So even though the only thing over there with water.... Oh wait is your radiator overflow on that side? If not the only thing would be your heater core and the plumbing. but if its your over flow it means your thermostat is stuck open. when you drive your water pump pushes the coolant around but when you stop the pump stops and the expanded heated water has to go some where.... Those are my only two thoughts..unless your neighbors dog has a thing for pissin under your bronco. The newer stats freeze open instead of closed or its in backwards.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well ALL you need for a defroster to work is a blower motor and the correct duct work... But, as i was trying to point out for everyone not just you is that when you flip your little switch in the defrost postion it sends 12v the the wire the plugs into your ac compressor clutch and causes the compressor to run. If your compressor isnt there well it doesnt take steven hawkins to figure out that the compressor dont come on but, the blower motor and flapers still flip over and blow air out the defroster vents.........

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Tunedup said:
If your compressor isnt there well it doesnt take steven hawkins to figure out that the compressor dont come on
:lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts