Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am a huge fan of the 300. Really solid reliable engine.
I agree. Had a 300 with a 4 speed in a 1977 F-150 that was a great truck. Eventually sold it to a friend that used it for quite a while as a plow truck.

Looking good back on four wheels :thumbup:thumbup That has to be a good feeling!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I agree. Had a 300 with a 4 speed in a 1977 F-150 that was a great truck. Eventually sold it to a friend that used it for quite a while as a plow truck.

Looking good back on four wheels :thumbup:thumbup That has to be a good feeling!!
Truck was only apart for 8 or 9 days. So it wasn't even all that bad... this time around. :banghead

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No pictures today, but a little update. A buddy of mine may have a source for some Super Duty parts that will help me out. Dana 50 yoke to bolt onto the D44 (1350 ujoint). Super Duty front driveshaft (1350 CV). Super Duty rear driveshaft (1410 ujoints), and a Sterling rear flange (1410 ujoint).

That will give me all the parts to get a step closer.

Another buddy is supposedly going to be swapping out the rear axle under his 96 F350 soon (to change from 3.55 to 4.10s), and I'm going to help out in exchange for the 3.55 rear sterling. That will give me gears that match my front axle and I have all the parts needed to swap everything over from an old build. The NP205 already has a 1410 yoke on the back, so that will work out great.

Aside from that, I just need to source some 8 lug outers for the dana 44, clock the tcase up flat, fill everything with fluids, and bleed the clutch.

For steering, I'm just going to use stock bronco and f350 parts for now to be able to putz around. Eventually, I'll probably swap over to heims or 1ton chevy TREs. I have most of the parts for the chevy TREs already, so that is the logical choice.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ordered a 32 spline flange that fits the np205 and will bolt up to a Super Duty 1350CV driveshaft. Should be here sometime next week.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Truck is back in my driveway. Tie rod is built. Need to swap back to a stock pitman arm before building the drag link. I think I have one somewhere, just gotta locate it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got in my new Super Duty flange for the front of the np205 from H.A.D. Will allow me to bolt up a 1350CV driveshaft from a Super Duty. Going to use a 1330/1350 conversion u-joint on the front axle end, at least until I can find a cheap 1350 pinion yoke for the d44. It looks like the stock length of the driveshaft i have will be pretty damn close, if not exact, to what I need. So that's lucky. Going to test fit today, and will snap some pics. Then the driveshaft is coming back out to be cleaned up and painted. It is looking pretty gross.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
Got in my new Super Duty flange for the front of the np205 from H.A.D. Will allow me to bolt up a 1350CV driveshaft from a Super Duty. Going to use a 1330/1350 conversion u-joint on the front axle end, at least until I can find a cheap 1350 pinion yoke for the d44. It looks like the stock length of the driveshaft i have will be pretty damn close, if not exact, to what I need. So that's lucky. Going to test fit today, and will snap some pics. Then the driveshaft is coming back out to be cleaned up and painted. It is looking pretty gross.
Those aren't cheap as I recall. Think I paid $90 or so for mine.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,039 Posts
Its a junkyard part. Dana 50 yoke off of an 99-03 (or whatever the years are) f250 super duty.
yea, I can see that. Over 10 years ago when I did my SAS most of these trucks were likely still on the road.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
yea, I can see that. Over 10 years ago when I did my SAS most of these trucks were likely still on the road.
True. True. Luckily the dana 50s seems to be left alone in the junkyards around my house. So it'll be pretty easy to snag one. Might need to grab a flange for a sterling while i'm at it. Prefer those over the regular yokes.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Didn't you sell your other bronco to Audra? I do remember you being around FSB. Looks like its coming along, makes me want to go out and get some things finished on mine.
I have come and gone from FSB a few times. mostly spend time in the chat making fun of people. :goodfinge And i've never owned a bronco.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts