Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give it a lot of throttle and it's like it runs out of gas untill you let up about half way then it goes again.I was getting a code for the TPS and I changed it out and i'm no longer getting the code but nothing has changed,it has nothing if you give it alot of gas , it just bogs down , any ideas? :banghead
Thanks

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
fuel pressure at the rails? what is it

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
:stupid Also, when's the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

After that, I'd suggest checking your spark color and pulling codes for giggles.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
walton34 said:
about 40 psi

Did you actually test it or are you shooting in the dark? You say about there is no fuel pressure guage that has an about pressure on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I say I did something I did it, I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and filter two days ago because I was holding 80 psi at the fuel real. The about 40 psi was 39 to 39 1/2 thats about 40 in my book.I just checked it under a load and it's has great pressure.Somebody told me about some wire connectors that Ford is real bad about not making connection,they called it salt and pepper connectors,i have no idea in hell what they are talking about,does anyone know anything about that? I really dont think it's fuel it might be I just dont know at this point. Do you have to take the intake off to get the injectors out?
Thanks

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
have you tested your new TPS? Chcek all the injectors as well. Also instead of us fishing why dont you break down everything you have done so far and how you have done it

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
walton34 said:
I just checked it under a load and it's has great pressure.
I specifically said check it under load when the problem occurs. Not tryin to be a dick but you didnt specify that the problem occured while you were staring at the fuel pressure gauge. I want to verify that you have ~40 psi during the actual occurence of said problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imlikeojnow said:
have you tested your new TPS? Chcek all the injectors as well. Also instead of us fishing why dont you break down everything you have done so far and how you have done it
read first post !:twak

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
walton34 said:
read first post !:twak

Dude i did you said you changed it. did you check the voltage after you changed it. it isnt a part you just throw on there and it is good. We are all trying to help you out and you are being vauge at best. We need to know exactly what you have done to it period. Have you checked all your sensors? That is why i said tell us what you have done to it and we can help you out.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
walton34 said:
:twak what the hell are you talking about? lol

i was tired as hell, being sarcastic, in my own way, i was telling you to search.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bri_Guy5 said:
i was tired as hell, being sarcastic, in my own way, i was telling you to search.

Why would you want to be sarcastic to a new member and not try and help this new person? BTW I did search, Thank You ! :whiteflag

1 - 14 of 14 Posts