Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would the approimate weight savings be if I wanted to swap out my hood, front fenders, rear quarters and tailgate?

·
Registered
539 Posts
The glass hood might save 30lbs., the tailgate about 50 lbs. fenders and besides any savings would be minimal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, well I just thought I'd throw it out there. I figured the fenders and bedsides would be worth more of a savings

·
Banned
495 Posts
replace your windows with plexiglass you would save some weight there if you use the thin stuff

Ray

·
Registered
296 Posts
save weight, lose the driver:rofl:

savings,,, run less than half a tank of gas. pull the smog, drop the hitch. use aluminum wheels and smaller tires. plastic gas tank. one row radiator. lose clutch fan, go electric. drop hood and lose the rear seat. remove tire carrier, and spare tire. get a soft top, soft top is worth some weight savings. tailgate? mine weighed 80 lbs, complete. get a smaller battery or relocate. lose the sway bars. and lose the cats. run a single exhaust with a turbo muffler. use an after market air tube and cleaner and lose the box. drill holes in things,,, etc...

you could spend a week writing ways of losing weight on parts.I mean where would you stop?:chili:

I like extreme,,,:toothless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts