Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run the Gleason Limited slip?

I was offered one from a guy I know that runs a 4x4 shop and has run in the OB challenge and a couple others. Anyways he said that it would be better then a lockrite or any other locker. Because it's way smoother but will actually Give the same affect as a lockrite or what ever. He offered it to me for $170 So thought I'd look into it

What you guys know about it?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Bronco85 said:
Has anyone run the Gleason Limited slip?

I was offered one from a guy I know that runs a 4x4 shop and has run in the OB challenge and a couple others. Anyways he said that it would be better then a lockrite or any other locker. Because it's way smoother but will actually Give the same affect as a lockrite or what ever. He offered it to me for $170 So thought I'd look into it

What you guys know about it?
Well, I can't speak from experience, but this is probably a decent diff., as the person explained. For strictly off road, would it be equal or better than a full locking diff such as an ARB or Detroit, I don't think so. But if you check the link at the bottom, you can read more about it, and make a more informed decision. This type of LSD does not use clutches, so they certainly don't wear out quickly, and since they are gear driven, they are also strong. Price is good, I paid a lot more for my lockers!

http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/torsen-diff/torsen2.htm

Torsen, Gleason, if you do a general web search, these are the same principle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts