Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, I know this kinda isnt as serious an emergency as some but how would you all fix a glove box where the hook has broken off? I had the door locked when the top was off and somebody gave it a good yank not realizing that it was locked and the whole hook/metalpiece the handle closes around is gone. Any advice?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
More info....did it tear the mounting structure loose, so now you have nothing to mount a new one to?? :shrug

·
Registered
156 Posts
pictures would help.n You could try a coathanger for the rod the latcth catches on if you have to lengthen it for someplace to screw into.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I might try that coat hanger thing but it completely ripped out the hook and the plasticliner that the hook is attached to. I have triede everything from rubberbanding it shut, which works until the rubberband breaks and i have tried shoving things in between the door and dash and nothing works.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Umm... go to the local junk yard and buy one for $5.00 or so.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish it was that easy. Lord knows a spend enough time in them. The probloem with that is its not the gloveboxliner but it is actually a continuation of the dashboard. It's hard to replace a dashboard and I am also pretty sure that a dash will be pretty expensive. If thats the case I can live with it for a little longer, just thought somebody on here might have also had the same problem. Anyways thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
any fixes for the latch rod breaking off the dash. Happened to me today. Looking for ideas to make a custom mounting bracket.

·
Premium Member
4,522 Posts
I plan to be REALLY careful now that I have that style of dash.
You would think it would be from overloading the glovebox or slamming it closed.; neither have I ever done. Actually from bumpy dirt roads and trail riding bouncing the truck around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts