Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, it's been done a number of times jump over to gofastbroncos.com. I am doing the same swap, have a home built long travel bronco and don't hate coyotes or the beloved BBF, but neither will fit between the shock hoops. The LS is just a lot better platform to start with for the money along with the 4L80. I picked up a low mile rusty 3/4 4x4 Chevy with a 6.0 and 4L80 for $1000. It is 300 hp to start with and a bulletproof bottom end. I don't know that I believe all of the crazy power numbers that get thrown around the internet but from my personal experience with drag racing, they are definitely the 5.0's of this generation from a bolt on perspective. I always have been a Ford guy and bought a Bronco because of the ease of getting a bunch of travel out of TTB (I have 18in at the wheel end with mine), it just so happens that the Chevy engine fits the bill for right now.

·
Bronco Master
595 Posts
Yes, it's been done a number of times jump over to gofastbroncos.com. I am doing the same swap, have a home built long travel bronco and don't hate coyotes or the beloved BBF, but neither will fit between the shock hoops. The LS is just a lot better platform to start with for the money along with the 4L80. I picked up a low mile rusty 3/4 4x4 Chevy with a 6.0 and 4L80 for $1000. It is 300 hp to start with and a bulletproof bottom end. I don't know that I believe all of the crazy power numbers that get thrown around the internet but from my personal experience with drag racing, they are definitely the 5.0's of this generation from a bolt on perspective. I always have been a Ford guy and bought a Bronco because of the ease of getting a bunch of travel out of TTB (I have 18in at the wheel end with mine), it just so happens that the Chevy engine fits the bill for right now.
You are in the same boat as I am with the coil over towers I need the motor to fit between. I want to keep my manual trans, so I’m looking for info on that part of the swap.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I used to know a guy who did a very nice job of putting a Honda gl-1000 gold wing drive train in a Harley frame. He didn’t have anybody to hang out with...

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Starting my LS swap soon as I get some extra $$$ looks like you can now get sbf to Ls motor mounts from auto fab

·
Bronco Master
595 Posts
Starting my LS swap soon as I get some extra $$$ looks like you can now get sbf to Ls motor mounts from auto fab

I have a set of these in my garage. I’m still shopping for an engine, Covid messed everything up.

i purchased a 2020 Ford Raptor SuperCab last Friday, so my immediate focus isn’t on the Bronco.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts