Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

241 - 260 of 285 Posts

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
In 25 hours it will be a year since the last post in here. I have been on here on and off but just not posting to the site anymore.

About me: I now have graduated from Graduate School at UF (Go Gators) and moved back to my bronco.

I have been trying to get the junker reliable but it is hard. The alternator I got from Ryam ages ago it now dead and it only runs when jumped and won't restart with out help. I found this out the bad way...

I repaired a gas leak in the fill thingy and plan to get it reliable and good the drive.

I have a new (sitting for two years now though) edelbrock carb for it. (It has a newish holley on it now though. I prob only have 200 miles on the holley I bought a few years ago.)

It needs me to finish the snorkel I started ages ago but that only requires buying the filter and I know what one I want.

Seeps fluids like crazy and last time I took it 4x4ing it overheated a few times so I need to look at the electric fan.

Few things need rewiring and cleaning up but from how I got the thing it is amazing now. My winch remote cracked and turned to crp sitting in my glove box the last year though, I was upset to see it.

Hope my long time friends enjoy the update and my new ones get some inspiration...

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
In 25 hours it will be a year since the last post in here. I have been on here on and off but just not posting to the site anymore.

About me: I now have graduated from Graduate School at UF (Go Gators) and moved back to my bronco.

I have been trying to get the junker reliable but it is hard. The alternator I got from Ryam ages ago it now dead and it only runs when jumped and won't restart with out help. I found this out the bad way...

I repaired a gas leak in the fill thingy and plan to get it reliable and good the drive.

I have a new (sitting for two years now though) edelbrock carb for it. (It has a newish holley on it now though. I prob only have 200 miles on the holley I bought a few years ago.)

It needs me to finish the snorkel I started ages ago but that only requires buying the filter and I know what one I want.

Seeps fluids like crazy and last time I took it 4x4ing it overheated a few times so I need to look at the electric fan.

Few things need rewiring and cleaning up but from how I got the thing it is amazing now. My winch remote cracked and turned to crp sitting in my glove box the last year though, I was upset to see it.

Hope my long time friends enjoy the update and my new ones get some inspiration...
Hey boy its along time.
I was in Florida last november

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I'm glad to hear you're still going at it. I've been following your thread for years and was shocked when I got the email notification.

Keep it going!!

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Hey all typing this a second time....ah! Don't get on here enough anymore but I stil have the truck and it's still going good enough getting a few miles per month.

I am trying to finish my snokel and just need to get a filter and make the air box.

I am looking at a few filters and tell me what you think is the best pick or suggest a different one to me.

I have 3 in exhaust tubing and 3 in reinforced rubber tubing that makes everything but the filter currently. Plan to make the airbox out of Aluminum bit open to suggestions of what to use. I just need to get this done and looking to for for what you think is the best.

Here are a few that I would use...

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-5111
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RF-1030
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RX-3900-1
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-3580
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-2430
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RX-2820

Like I said open to what you have used or think will be the best for my application.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Gobucs email notif--WOW

Hey Steve,

Your not the only one who's Bronco has been sitting. The important thing is you haven't given up on it:rockon. You are a true Ford man at heart. Keep posting up!

T

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Just read through this thread, WOW alot of work!!! Props to you, now get it running good and post some more pics! Congrats with school!!!!!!!

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Hey Steve,

Your not the only one who's Bronco has been sitting. The important thing is you haven't given up on it:rockon. You are a true Ford man at heart. Keep posting up!

T
Yea I still start it and drive it every now and then but don't plan on giving up on it. I plan to have it for years to come so want it completed not 95% done. I doubt I will ever sell theis since I have so much in it compared to its resale value.

i m thinking that the reason for raising the gas tank is for rock climbing?
If you are remaking a vehile like I pretty much did then why not have it as high as you can? I barely did rocks with my good bronco but height is better everything.

Just read through this thread, WOW alot of work!!! Props to you, now get it running good and post some more pics! Congrats with school!!!!!!!

Thanks, it runs fine and I drove it around the other day a lot. I overheated like crazy but when the low for the day is 80 degrees it is somewhat expected. (I just need to install a new radiator and 180 thermostat) I will get some recent pics but it hasnt changed much in the last few years except it has kept rusting... I haven't given this truck what it should have gotten the last two years but I have made sure it kept running and kept the fluids moving.

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Still no suggestions though but good to see Travis is still round!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Still no suggestions though but good to see Travis is still round!
Sorry dude! I never got to the snorkel, too busy trying to keep a cam in my crap! But I did run all my vent hoses into a common filter in the roof of the cab, oh and the one ton swap, the big block swap, the custom/factory instrument cluster, driving it into a lake, the diamond plate toolbox mounted in the back and GOD I MISS MY TRUCK!!:cry:cry:cry

Oh and I guess that no one has told you yet but no matter how much work you get done it will never, ever be finished:toothless

So your not in G-ville anymore?? That sucks b/c i'll be spending every other weekend down there soon.

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Dovepower sorry for the 6 month delay, I never saw this... no I am not in Gville anymore. I need to visit more but always seem to have 50 projects going on. I am into repairing antique outboards now so that takes my time when I should be on the flats catching fish.

Bronco symptom: starter does not stop turning when key is turned off. Soliniod is recent and has never done this since I have had over 20 through the years. Seems to be keyed ignition erroring?

Looking to purchase an ignition thing. The part you put the key into and turn complete with key. Let me know! Thanks.

Not much else new with the truck

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Wow been a while since last post here. Hey to all those who I have met and to those I will.

recently been trying hard to get the rust stopped and under control and get the body good. Ditched the single electric fan for duel electric fans, got new batteries and a no rust tailgate. More pics soon as this set stops at progress a few months ago.

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #258

this brings the bronco up to current. Hoping to have it painted in two weeks. Color not sure yet . . .

·
Super Moderator
14,735 Posts
good to see you back man..long time..seeing those pics of the rust in your rig somehow doesn't make my mine seem so bad..keep at it..one day you'll be finished..yeah right, I've been saying that for 9 years..:thumbup

241 - 260 of 285 Posts