Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Gobucs1 79 Todays Progress

37K views 285 replies 76 participants last post by  gobucs 
#1 ·

Got some of the frame with rust convertor, painted it, cut out the rear cargo area, and preped some out the othe areas. Also removed the rear bumper. Tons of work to do still. Tomorrow last college exam, so hopefully I can get a ton work work done over the break. :shrug :slap

See less See more
Reactions: Desert Bronco
#3 ·
I will raise it some I just dont know how high yet though. I have to do a lot of work before I put a new floor in it. New supports everywhere. Will get better pics when I get batteries for the camera.

#6 ·
man bro... ur bronc looks a lot like miune when i got it... there may be a lot of rust, but like mine, i am sure there is plenty to work with! i feel ur pain with college man... my truck had to sit around for like a month without runnin... just dunt have the time, btu now school is out and the fun begins!

EDIT: I see that hack saw sittin there, and i hope u didn't do all of that cuttin with it! peace and good luck

#9 ·
Daniel Kistner EDIT: I see that hack saw sittin there said:
Nope first pic on the bottom left, pistol grip cutoff wheel. :goodfinge Used the hacksaw when waiting for my compressor to refill. It is bad now but will be badass done I assure you that. Just costly. Was going to replace all the body mounts, but at aroud 30 a peice nope. :wtf It is just rubber? Hopefully driveable by late january.

#15 ·
I wish on that cage thought. Who knows I will price it just to see. And like david mentioned, My body has fallen through most of the mounts. And the exhaust enters it when running through the rust spots.

#19 ·
A bolt in cage kit would come dissassembled in a box. You have to assemble it in the truck. I believe they were about $350 for a complete kit from K Bar S who is out of business now. Though I think someone else bought their products lincensing.

#23 ·
Far from it mine will still be a Bronco and look like it, not a buggy. Leaving tomorrow and getting back Christmas but the 26th work resumes....

#25 ·
That pic with a hole in the frame is for one of your body mounts (probably rusted right off). I'm in the process of replacing all of my body mounts and I'm pretty sure that's where one is supposed to go.

I replaced my floors in the front as well and did a bunch of work on the B-pillars (rusted out). (Check out pics on my superford site)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.