Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Back in Action
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my aunt gave me the oppurtunity of a life time. She offered to take me to Alaska on a business trip...Business for her, all fun for me. I'm trying to find out what to do. I'm going to be in the Anchorage area.

I am going:
-Halibut/Salmon fishing
-Denali Nat'l Park.

What else, I'm going to be there for a week:goodfinge

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Well that pretty much took up your entire week :)

there's always 4 wheelin.

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
id be temped to go someplace and shoot something. i wouldnt be able to go without shooting an animal. if u can wait till sept or oct i think that is when caribou is open

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Okay, so my aunt gave me the oppurtunity of a life time. She offered to take me to Alaska on a business trip...Business for her, all fun for me. I'm trying to find out what to do. I'm going to be in the Anchorage area.

I am going:
-Halibut/Salmon fishing
-Denali Nat'l Park.

What else, I'm going to be there for a week:goodfinge
When you going? I am heading up last week in Aug for vacation for 10days :thumbup

·
FSM Lifetime
2,238 Posts
I had this idea for a business here in alaska. It would be kind of like one of those all inclusive tour guide thingys. Basically in addition to housing, I'd provide 4x4's, atvs, snowmachines, and tours of local trails and fighing areas. It would provide everything you need to tear up Alaska :goodfinge

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
Its fawkin beautiful up there, definitely gods country. The salmon fishing is intense, brother caught a 50+ pound king salmon

caught 2 others that were about 5-10 lbs. each too

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Take a glacier day cruise down in Whittier. Not expensive at all and very cool. When I took my wife a few years ago we also took a flight seeing tour around Denali. Tour flew out of Talkeetna which is just a little over half the drive from Anchorage to Denali. Go to Alaska's website and you will find all kinds of stuff to do, that's how I scheduled our outings. There's also a glacier on the way to Whittier where you can park and walk about a 1/2 mile on a trail to it.

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
I thought it was going to be gay but there is a scenic train ride on a classic train that is sweet. Huge cliffs, waterfalls, rivers, animals, really cool if you appreciate any of that stuff

·
Back in Action
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought it was going to be gay but there is a scenic train ride on a classic train that is sweet. Huge cliffs, waterfalls, rivers, animals, really cool if you appreciate any of that stuff
I actually was planning on doing that. I read about it and heard it was awesome

·
Registered
934 Posts
Its fawkin beautiful up there, definitely gods country. The salmon fishing is intense, brother caught a 50+ pound king salmon

caught 2 others that were about 5-10 lbs. each too

Hey Thats Me!!! Wait? I was gonna post that pic! Bastage! That fish was 30 mins of solid reeling in, You had to pull up smooth and quick and then as you go down reel like a mother****er. Keep the pole on your hip and pivot and don't move the pole, let your upper body do the work. It came back to cali in 21 1 lb fillets. Damn thing would come to the top and then shoot straight down, did that 5 times then we gaffed it and pulled it on board and whacked it in the head with one of those small souvinier baseball bats until the skull cracked so it wouldn't flop around and hurt someone.

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
It took 3 people and 40 minutes if I remember correctly ;)

You should have plenty of fun in alaska! Even walkin around town and checkin out the old general store tourists traps are pretty fun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts