Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I are going to be In North Carolina from march 4th to about the 10th We will start out in tthe charlotte area for the first day or two then after that who knows. While we are in the area we are going to be scoping out homes and employment opportunities. But besides that we do want to do some fun things with the family (4 Kids) Is there anything in the charlotte area that is a must see or do for the family? Any pointers or tips are greatly welcomed.Also We would like to meet up with some of you guys and maybe have some dinner and shoot the bull for awhile. Broncolounger and davesbronco90 have already offered to meet up, anyone else up for a little meet and greet/teach the Floridiots the ins and outs of NC????

·
Try it now!!
9,120 Posts
I remember Bearfoots thread about where to move, and I vehemently supported Charlotte. I grew up there since I was 1 year old, until I moved back to FL for college full time. Now, Im a native Floridian...born in Boynton Beach, but I'm a tried and true Carolina boy.

BTW Alan I'm already gone. Bronco is back in Charlotte, and I'm not paying rent at my house anymore... but all my stuff is in the garage waiting for me to pick it up.

Dont worry, Ill be back a bunch. USAir starts Charlotte-Daytona service in a week, so I'll be able to come down alot more. I'll keep updated with what you guys are doing!

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
cool, im in for some lunch, cold drinks , and some story telling.
im thinkin that weekend that there is a meet and greet in charlotte from carolinabroncos.com

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Bearfoot- how old are your kids? That will help me to recommend some fun things you can do in the area that are age appropriate. How many days will you be in Charlotte?? Definitely would like to plan dinner at least on one of the days you are in this area.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I'm up for dinner with the Charlotte crew one of those nights. You're welcome to swing by my house and I can show you the area north of Charlotte (Cabarrus and Rowan counties).

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bearfoot- how old are your kids? That will help me to recommend some fun things you can do in the area that are age appropriate. How many days will you be in Charlotte?? Definitely would like to plan dinner at least on one of the days you are in this area.
10,8,3, and 8 months

We should be in the charlotte area 2or 3 days

·
Registered
114 Posts
Your gonna be a little farther west than me, but if you travel on 95 or 40 I could make a pit stop too. ( I doubt that your gonna be on either interstate) Good luck with finding a house, but now is a good time to buy, the market has been down recently, should be able to find something at a good price.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
But besides that we do want to do some fun things with the family (4 Kids) Is there anything in the charlotte area that is a must see or do for the family? Any pointers or tips are greatly welcomed.
There's Concord Mills Mall just north of Charlotte and about 3 miles from my house. Tons of shopping, restaurants, and kids-type stuff in the area. My niece and nephew love Bass Pro Shop, the NASCAR Speedpark go-carts, and the games at Dave & Buster's. Lowe's Motor Speedway is just down the road from there, too.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
http://www.discoveryplace.org/home/discovery_place-home.php

This place is pretty fun for kids, my nephews and neices loved it.

There is also Carrowinds just south of Charlotte on the NC/SC border on I-77.
Discovery place is fun, but let me do some digging to make sure it will be open as I had read a rumor a little bit ago that they were going to shut it down for a couple of months for renovations.
Carowinds won't be open yet at that time of the year. Doesn't open until later in March and then just on weekends.

There's Concord Mills Mall just north of Charlotte and about 3 miles from my house. Tons of shopping, restaurants, and kids-type stuff in the area. My niece and nephew love Bass Pro Shop, the NASCAR Speedpark go-carts, and the games at Dave & Buster's. Lowe's Motor Speedway is just down the road from there, too.
Lots of fun stuff at Concord Mills.

Imaginon is a cool place from what I have heard for the kids. I haven't yet been since we don't have kids yet and only been a few of the other places with my nephews and niece.

Let me think on it for a few other places as well.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
here are a few more things in the general area:'

Reeds Gold Mine- admission is free, but panning for gold is $2. It is about 20-25 minutes outside of Charlotte in Midland NC. It is about 20 mins for our house.

Crowder's Mtn. State Park- about 30 minutes outside of Charlotte. At the park you can camp, hike, rock climb, float down a river or just enjoy being in nature. There are hiking trails to accomodate even the most novice of hikers.

Raptor Center- pretty cool place that houses and helps rehabilitate birds of prey. I can probably see your 2 older kids enjoying this one more. They have some cool birds that they can get up close to and see.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts