Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so here i am getting parts for my sas and i have a couple questions. i have bought a lift kit for a 78 79 2nd hand its a 12" lift full springs in the back 9" superlift coils in the front and droped coil buckets with custom radius arm drop brackets i will ger extended radius arms eventually i dont do real hard core wheeling not to meany mountans in NW Ohio little muding and sand dunes so that what i have. the questions are from what i understand the 78 79 springs lift a extra 2 to 3" so i i drop the coil buckets 2 1/2" the truck shuld be leavel right??? second i have been looking around and the steering i was going to get the Jeffs bronco grave yard drag link but will it have to be exstended and how long should the break lines be and where to get them thank to all and feedback incouraged
hereis some pics of the lift

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
so here i am getting parts for my sas and i have a couple questions. i have bought a lift kit for a 78 79 2nd hand its a 12" lift full springs in the back 9" superlift coils in the front and droped coil buckets with custom radius arm drop brackets i will ger extended radius arms eventually i dont do real hard core wheeling not to meany mountans in NW Ohio little muding and sand dunes so that what i have. the questions are from what i understand the 78 79 springs lift a extra 2 to 3" so i i drop the coil buckets 2 1/2" the truck shuld be leavel right??? second i have been looking around and the steering i was going to get the Jeffs bronco grave yard drag link but will it have to be exstended and how long should the break lines be and where to get them thank to all and feedback incouraged
hereis some pics of the lift

What is up with those leaf springs, I've never seen leaves bent like that before, who makes those?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,880 Posts
i think you would be wise not to use any of that stuff. the springs are jacked up for starters. what bronco year are you putting all this on? what size tires are you planning to run and do you realize anything over a 37" will be very hard on the 1/2ton axles

·
Banned
676 Posts
wow those are dumb. Looks like the were bent to get height, but they would ride horrible. Worth there weight in scrap maybe.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
they look custom....in a bad way
That's what my gut tells me, but I thought I'd let him respond first thinking maybe there is some new mud bogging way of lifting up springs to fit large tires. But in just looking at those leaves, the bends likely put great points for stress breaks right in the leaves. Not to mention I would think it would totally ruin an kind of fluid movement between the leaves. Why anyone would do this vs. just do a fluid, circular bend of greater arch I have no clue.

It's also hard to tell, but those coils don't look like they would yield 9" of lift either. They look too short. What are the yellow do-dads, RA drop brackets or something?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the leafs are from the 70s i have been told by multiple people from that generation ive seen them on the larger trucks before they were on a truck for a couple of years not ment to flex out i dont think but there deff. very heavy duty .. the yellow dealys are the radius arm drop brackets . as for the springs not 100% shure 9" lift on them whats the unsprung length on them there thickere than the 6 in ttb lift springs and about 2 to 3 inches taller than them thats why i didnt question the size

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so eny why did some talking around i guess the leaf springs were made for higher lift trucks to help eliminate axle wrap not 100% shure and every thing is temperary every thing will get upgreaded sooner or later the leaf springs ill keap untill they break of if ther really bad rideing

·
Banned
676 Posts
That's what my gut tells me, but I thought I'd let him respond first thinking maybe there is some new mud bogging way of lifting up springs to fit large tires. But in just looking at those leaves, the bends likely put great points for stress breaks right in the leaves. Not to mention I would think it would totally ruin an kind of fluid movement between the leaves. Why anyone would do this vs. just do a fluid, circular bend of greater arch I have no clue.

It's also hard to tell, but those coils don't look like they would yield 9" of lift either. They look too short. What are the yellow do-dads, RA drop brackets or something?
agreed. There is no possible way that those leaf springs could function properly.
the leafs are from the 70s i have been told by multiple people from that generation ive seen them on the larger trucks before they were on a truck for a couple of years not ment to flex out i dont think but there deff. very heavy duty .. the yellow dealys are the radius arm drop brackets . as for the springs not 100% shure 9" lift on them whats the unsprung length on them there thickere than the 6 in ttb lift springs and about 2 to 3 inches taller than them thats why i didnt question the size
mmsankr lkjurtu sdtg . kisiufh is what I read when you type. Let me be the first to tell you that your screwed up grammar, punctuation, and spelling make it hard for people to read what you type.
so eny why did some talking around i guess the leaf springs were made for higher lift trucks to help eliminate axle wrap not 100% shure and every thing is temperary every thing will get upgreaded sooner or later the leaf springs ill keap untill they break of if ther really bad rideing
That's what they all say. It's only temporary. My psychic powers tell me that this thread will end in complete and total FAIL!! (I'm not really psychic)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
.....that should be better
and no its not going to stop all the sudden I am trying to get every thing together so I can start in the spring all I have to work on is a cement pad in front of the barn and sorry for the spelling never was really good at grammar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts