Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting my BCO back from the shop as soon as the new engine arrives and I will need a few good trails to break it in and muddy it up..

Any suggestions?

NJB

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok maybe I asked the wrong question.

Does anyone know of any clubs local to the wilkesbarre/scranton area? I am actually about 40 mins east of there but that shte closest city.

Thanks,
NJB

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
im in shillington/reading you want to hook up and head out to Rausch Creek sometime

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like a plan... I was reading up on their site and I guess I need to install a couple tow points in the front before they will let me on the trail...

I will send you a message when I am all set..

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
is your rig all stock or modified? mine is all stock

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a rebuilt engine and 33x12s

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you need tow points before they will let you into Rausch Creek.. rear is ez if you have a tow hitch but I my '94 has crumple zones by the front bumper mounts so its a little more tricky to add them to the front...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I jsut realized I read that wrong, solid tow points (other than tow hitch) are only required for level 3 and above trails...

I should be picking it up from the slow ass mechanic this weekend!

I am psyched!

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Rausch just like Paragon requires groups of three vehicles. Anyone on the trail must have recovery points front and rear. Unless you want suspension damage or bumper damage due to recovery get some hooks installed.:twak
Keep an eye on this forumn as we are planning to hit the trails a little more often this year. We just recently got back from a Rausch trip and had a great time. We're always lookin for more people interested in hittin the trails. Just remember to go prepared. That means tools basic parts and fluids and tow points.
Look forward to seeing you guys on the next run.:thumbup

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
what are conidered basic parts?

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
broncoorboat said:
what are conidered basic parts?
If you search I know that there was a thread with a list of parts and tools to take when wheelin.

Everyones list will be a little different but basic should include at least:
Tow strap (no metal hooks on it)
Ujoints for front and rear
oil filter
fluids
serp or v belts
fuses
full size spare tire
a few extra lug nuts/studs
an empty sealable container for fluid changes

This list is no where near complete. I carry alot more stuff than this. But it's a pretty good idea of what you should have for parts. We went out last time and needed a starter on the trail. We had one time before that someone broke their ball joints we had them, someone also needed a v-belt pulley we had one it needed to be modified but it worked, busted ujoints had them, broken alternator had one, I'd say so far the only thing we've busted that we did'nt have with us was a gas tank. Oh and a radius arm(bent). It sucks getting stuck on the trail trying to fix somebodies rig who doesn't have parts. Or always giving out parts because people figure that so and so will have it. We want you to come out and wheel we just want you to be prepared. You don't need to run out and buy all new spare parts. The next time you change the belt on the truck save the old one if you're at the junk yard pick up some extra parts. Buy the cheap wally world fluids that come in the gallon containers to keep in the truck and a couple of cheap filters. Remember the stuff just needs to get you home safely, then you can spend the money to repair it correctly or permanently.
Remember SEARCH there are multiple threads with lists for parts, tools, etc that can be taken when offroading. Usually the more you wheel the more parts you bring. Because eventually the more you wheel the more you break.

·
Registered
107 Posts
when you guys make a run PM me! very interested:twotu:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally got my truck back from the mechanic (2+ months for an engine install) I hear thats just the way of things up here in the sticks..

But I am psyched to try out some tougher trails then the ankle deep muddy roads around here :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts