Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the okay from father and uncle to install a above ground 2 post hoist inthe one corner of the shop.
looking for an affordable, but decent quality hoist. above ground 2 post prefereed. ceiling height is not an issue.
want it to lift small cars to a crew cab long bed f350, so want it to be in the 9-10k capacity size. can anybody point me in a good direction?
the ones i have at work are so ancient(newest was installed in 79, and the two others in 56) i can't really get a good idea of what would be good.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
My buddy has 3 Rotary Hoists in his shop and loves them. They cost a little bit more than some other brands but he feels they are worth the cost.

At work within the last couple years they have been installing Challenger Hoists. I believe they are fairly low cost (I'm sure that's why they bought them) but they seem to be holding up good. One of them is also a 10k and it will lift crew cab Super Dutys no problem. The rest of our hoists are Bear, Benwil, and a couple older brands that I can't remember at the moment.

Here are the one's they have been installing at my dealer -http://www.challengerlifts.com/versymmetric2post.shtml

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
I've also heard good things about Rotary, or Aamco (made by Wheeltronics I'm told). I think my latest toolwarehouse.net catalog has an Aamco which works as both symmetrical or asymmetrical. I can't really decide which I want (sym or asym) so I'm leaning toward this lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts