Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by a friend's tow company today to tell him to keep and eye out for some 35" tires...either M/Ts or aggressive A/Ts. Well he says lets go look in the impound lot and there sat a old beat to hell blazer with a nice set of Winchester A/Ts 35X12.5X15. I'll be damned. All I have to pay for is taking them off and mounting them on my wheels. He'll even balance them. Then he showed me an 89 F-150 that had my air intake nozzle sitting right in it. I'll just go back tomorrow and get that free.:thumbup He also has a set of 35 super swampers that my grandson wants for his 96 F-150 he is going to lift to the moon I think. And I also got a pair of chrome grab handles for free....:toothless My friend also has a nice 351 engine sitting on the floor of his garage that he just wants to get rid of and my grandson wants to put that in his F-150 too but it is out of an 89 F-150. Can he do that? It may not have some sensor that is on the 96???

Is there a way to reset the computer for bigger tires?

All in all it was a good day.:rockon

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
On the newer ones you don't reset the computer to compensate for tires, but you can. Unhook the battery and turn the headlights on. Leave the battery disconnected for a few minutes and that will clear out the memory. What you really should look into is reprogramming the PSOM. There's a thread on the forum. I'm pretty sure it's a sticky too.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All good finds man. Damn wish i had a bud that worked at a impound like that. What kind of lift do you have? gears?
4" Rancho lift and stock 3.56 gears.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep I was looking at that and I tried the "push reset turn key" and I'll be darned there it was. I see that my number is 4 so that means it's been done twice already. Dang! HAHAHAHA

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend also has a nice 351 engine sitting on the floor of his garage that he just wants to get rid of and my grandson wants to put that in his 96 F-150 too but it is out of an 89 F-150. Can he do that? It may not have some sensor that is on the 96???
I'm on my way down to his shop now to see where we stand on the tires because he has to get permission from his boss to pull them and put them on my Bronco..should be no problem there...I hope. So can anybody answer my question about the 351???

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't even know he had an impound lot back there until yesterday when he took me back there and showed me the tires...hmmmpf Just goes to show ya!:haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts