Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
26,954 Posts
yo,
Looks ok

make sure it has or do the New Software Version: 4346 update

here is one of many reviews; most are 3* reviews, but this is a 1*
I have had a similar experience to that of other user's who had connection problems. I downloaded the Actron Scanning Suite software and tried to update the tool. This is a mistake - I would highly recommend you do not load this software on your PC. It does not work properly with Win XP (unsigned drivers, for one). The software wound up permanently disabling my scanner. The people at Actron are no help - their only advice was to return the unit now that the Scanning Suite software had disabled the device. The software is essentially poorly written from both a user interface and a hardware connection point of view - terrible systems engineering here. It's like something written in the mid-1980's by beginning programmers. I'll try again using the scanner but will *never* try to use this software again. I suspect Actron is well aware of this weakness but doesn't know how to fix the problem - surprising ineptitude for such a large company.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know, Miesk. I don't pretend to know that much about readers, just thought this was a good buy. Looks like it's worth doing some research on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts