Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. Is $500.00 a good deal for true duel exhaust from manifolds back with two flowmasters 40 series. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
True duals can hinder performance in low rpms because the lose of back pressure.It's been proven time and time again that a single 3inch pipe will out flow true duals.I have em but they came with the truck and It's not worth the effort to remove them because my cam gives me back my low end torque.I'm sure others will state the same thing.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I payed $140 for two flowmasters 40 series, and $200 for aluminized pipe. It's true duel from headers back, no cats. So total 340. It sounds good. Not sure about the low end power loss. Next exhaust system I think I'm going with a single 3" instead.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Go with a single 3"... true duals aren't right for our trucks. X/H piped duals are acceptable, provided they're done right, like Gacknar's.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention that I don't do much off roading as this is my daily driver. I do take it on some trails (two tracks and some hills) about once or twice a year. I just did a total engine rebuild, and boy I really feel the power increase already. I don't want to piss off the neighbors as I work early in the mornings and like to remote start. But I would like to wake the truck up a little more....lol. I see that a couple has responded and that they recommend 3 inch but I like the look of duals so maybe I could just run the 2 manifolds into one flowmaster 40 then have 2 outs...wouldn't that be about the same for back pressure? I have until monday to decide what I really want to do.

·
Registered
136 Posts
A singe into duel exit is a great way to get the look of duals without having the lose of low end grunt.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i just paid $300 for a shop to run dual pipes into a stock lightning exhaust. Not sure what the flowmaster cost, but the $300 was basically just for the piping, as I had the lightning exhaust already.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Your advice made me happy with the outcome. I went with the 3 inch and one flowmaster 40 series no skats and WOW...... man it sounds good! And it only cost me $300.00 so you guys saved me $200. Thanks again.

·
Registered
607 Posts
A singe into duel exit is a great way to get the look of duals without having the lose of low end grunt.
This is how my setup is. I think it sounds great and I haven't noticed any power loss! I paid $500 or $600 for it I think. I am using the Flowmaster 40 series into 3" pipes, out the back! The only thing I don't particularly like is the smell of exhaust when I am at low speeds with the window down!
D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts