Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found Ford OEM dana 44 axles for the TTB, Brand new from ford in the box with all the joints for 165.00. These are supposed to be the original dana/spicer built OEM axles shafts. This a good deal or not. Don't realy need them, just to have as spares, or to install and have my old ones as spares...any thoughts?? Thanks---Fog

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,061 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me, can't hurt to have the spares if you have an extra $135 laying around.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking....Just trying to figure out if I can afford them right now or not.....They won't be there long--Fog

Edited the amount---They'll be 165.00 for the set if I get'em... I'll add a link to'em in a second--Fog

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448536767&category=33728

Here's the email I got from the seller:"Yes ...there are three axle shaft assemblies in that axle ..one on left and two assemblies on right side...you are bidding on any ONE of the three....but if you win you can take as many as you like at the bid price.

Does that make sense?"

His add is a little confusing so I asked for clarification....Any other thoughts--_fog

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
If you can get the entire set of front axles for 165.00, do it. I paid over $300 for a set of new TTB axles about three years ago.

Good Luck!

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Foghorn said:
Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking....Just trying to figure out if I can afford them right now or not.....They won't be there long--Fog

Edited the amount---They'll be 165.00 for the set if I get'em... I'll add a link to'em in a second--Fog

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448536767&category=33728

Here's the email I got from the seller:"Yes ...there are three axle shaft assemblies in that axle ..one on left and two assemblies on right side...you are bidding on any ONE of the three....but if you win you can take as many as you like at the bid price.

Does that make sense?"

His add is a little confusing so I asked for clarification....Any other thoughts--_fog
The auction right now is $45 per side with 3 hrs 45 mins left. That's $90 for the complete set.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Well, here's a little clarification. I bought them for $45 per axle assembly (Outer shaft, inner shaft and u-joint brand new from factory). :thumbup This guy lives pretty close to me so I met up with him and picked them up. They are exactly what he said. Passenger side (long shaft assy) and drivers side (short shaft assy). He has a lot of them and runs the auction all the time. FYI I called a ford dealer and you can't even get the drivers side any more AT ALL. And the Pass side is $225.00 so you really can't beat this even if you just want a spare. If anybody has any questions about these let me know.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I recognized the buyers name......Glad someone one here got them, I just couldn't swing the cash to bid on them or I would have....I'll just have to hope he finds another set later when I've got a little more cash.... Congrats on the purchase---Fog

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
He said he still has about 50 (yes I said Fifty) of each side. So just keep and eye on ebay when you might want them or you can email me and I can call him.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RLKBOB said:
He said he still has about 50 (yes I said Fifty) of each side. So just keep and eye on ebay when you might want them or you can email me and I can call him.
Sweet---Give me a couple a weeks and I'll email him or pm ya about them, I'd like to have a set for spares, but I bought the wife a computer for Christmas......take care--Fog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts