Votes: 3 6.7%
  • CHIMICHANGAAAAA :drinkbud

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I know on the boats ive worked on, They use alot of those slide hinges...Make sure there is a catch of some sort on there. Otherwise, You may want to weld a small tab on the gas tank cover and one on the floor next to where you want the tool box to keep it from sliding back and forth.

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Looks good, but no purpose cause your truck never leaves the driveway so it is not like you need the tools for the trail. jk You will use be riding soon hopefully.

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lets assume it were to leave the driveway.. then would it be a good idea or bad idea..

i havent put it in yet.. just put the sliders on it..

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
as much as i hate to say it ----

i'm just a girl, i wouldn't know!!!!! :shrug

I'M SO ASHAMED!!! seriously, i think it looks decent but the usefulness or good/bad idea part totally escapes me ...

guess i'm off to read the four wheelers bible that i made steve bring home for me! :D

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
GearHead said:
thats one tiny ass tool box. that thing wouldnt even hold my sockets. i think the idea is great. just need a lot biggr box.
It looks like a good idea to me. It may not hold all your tools, but whats in there certainly wont be moving around the back of the truck too much. Now, if a bigger box would fit in there, id be totally sold on the idea.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
you lazy basterd :goodfinge

:p

I honestly wouldn't do that .. that way you can't take it out to use use it where you need it with the tools in it :shrug

I'm with Gearhead ... way too small for anything useful .. it fits nicely, but it could only hold my sockets or half of my open ends

what is it for anyway?

if it is for something specific it could be a great idea .........

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
I like it Raf.
If you have a game plan for exactly what tools you want to carry in it, I think it would be best for the everyday tools like screw drivers, adjustable wrenches, etc.
Then you can carry a bigger more exclusive tool box for your nicer more expensive tools. Then you can lock them up in the garage in case you have to park your rig out in the street overnight.
You wont have to worry about some criminal breaking in your truck and taking your nice tools.
If they got away with your screwdrivers you really wouldnt be out much.
Know what I mean?

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
something that would be practical for your little tailgate workshop........a small 3"or 4" vise mounted on the corner of the gate. It would make short work of u joints,ball joint pressing w/clamp..etc.

a little O/A kangaroo cart for cutting and brazing in the field... :toothless

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
i think it looks great raf. the nice part is that it will be held down and you don't have to worry about it flying all over the place. for those of you that think it's too small:
1. look at where he is putting it.
2. there is no reason he can't carry another tool box, like what beerman said.
3. you could fit a lot of the sockets and open ends that you realistically need into that box, unless you're planning on rebuilding your engine on the trail.

i also like NOBS! idea with the vice

just my $.02

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got one of those canvas type sorta briefcase/saddle bag looking things.It holds 18-20 ft jumper cables ,set of wrenches,sockets,flashlight,duct tape,electrical tape,breaker bar,screwdrivers and damn near everything you will need.This setup might work better for you can wedge it into your rollcage or just yank the bag out on the trail.
just my.02:shrug

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Andy351 said:
3. you could fit a lot of the sockets and open ends that you realistically need into that box, unless you're planning on rebuilding your engine on the trail.
And even that only takes like 6 sizes.... there are only 2 metric bolts on my truck and they are both on body panels. If your taking that many sockets then you might as well figure out how to mount one of those Craftsman ball bearing roll arounds back there!

Im putting a vice on a hitch type dealy so I can stick it in my reciever!

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Crazed said:
Looks pretty good...would it be secure enough if the truck ended up upside down?
I think a falling tool box would be the last of his worries if that happened :goodfinge :toothless

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
Looks to me like the toolbox is mounted to the sliders...permanantly. The only problem I see with that is having to pick out all the tools you need and carrying them to whatever is broke. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather just carry my tool box to where I need it, I can put sockets and stuff right back when I'm done....and not have to carry everything back to the tool box that's bolted to the truck.

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This box will not be my main toolbox.. Just specific for some stuff.. Stuff to replace hubs, ujoints, brakelines.. Ill have spare ujoints, hubs, wire, zipties, duct tape, allen wrenches and other stuff like that.. Stuff i want to have seperate from my other tools.. i plan to carry a socket set that comes in its own case and a wrench set.. Before i would just toss everything into a huge rubbermaid box but that wasnt fun when i needed stuff..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts