Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good news, bad news... (Teaser Pics)

Good news is that my new Bassani Y-pipe with cats (stainless steel) came today via FedEx.

Bad news is that I don't get to install it, I have surgery scheduled tomorrow to correct the carpal tunnel in my left wrist (and in six weeks I get to have surgery on my right wrist).

So instead of me installing it, my wife said she would do it for me, I just have to supervise. It'll be a fun weekend.

James

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
carple tunnel huh ??? I had that they cut your wrist open! they also cut the palm of my hand open thats the one that gets irritating. I want pictures of the install good luck.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
Damn i asked my ol'lady if she would do that for me and this is what i got:twak :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1clean5.8 said:
carple tunnel huh ??? I had that they cut your wrist open! they also cut the palm of my hand open thats the one that gets irritating. I want pictures of the install good luck.
How long ago did you have yours done? My dad had both his wrists done about 3 years ago. The only scar he has is in his palm. They don't cut the bottom of the wrist anymore, everything is done thru the palm.

James

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
10 years ago normally they dont cut the wrist your right I broke my wrist off though like hanging by skin alone thats why they did it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1clean5.8 said:
10 years ago normally they dont cut the wrist your right I broke my wrist off though like hanging by skin alone thats why they did it.
Ouch!!

James

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
damn man. good luck with the op. i have ct in both wrists too. i wish i had the insurance and time to get them done. i liked to hear how it works out for you.

best of luck to you anyhow man.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BroncoSka said:
damn man. good luck with the op. i have ct in both wrists too. i wish i had the insurance and time to get them done. i liked to hear how it works out for you.

best of luck to you anyhow man.
Thanks. I've had ct in both wrist for over 4 years now. It's gotten so bad that I wake up several times a night due to the pain. I'll have to post a pic of my hand for you all.

James

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
90FB do you wear the braces at night for CTS? My wife had a similar condition (hers was actually deteriorating ligaments) and the doc gave her braces to wear until she got the surgery. She quit wearing them at night because they were too uncomfortable for her to sleep. She did wear them all day though and they seemed to help. I have a soft brace I wear when my wrist (only one so far) starts bothering me and it does help. With all the computer use today CTS is the new epedemic.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes there was a time last year that I wore the braces at night on both wrists for about 6 months. It did help for a while, but now my wrists hurt so much that the braces do not help whether I have them on at night or during the day. When I had my first appt. with the Dr. that is doing my surgery, he looked at my nerve conductivity test and said it was pretty bad. Another thing that bugs me too is that I had x-rays done on my wrists, and I got to see the reports from them. I broke my left wrist once when I was 12 and the report showed that, but what really bothers me is they found several undisiplined fractures in my right wrist. Appearently I broke my right wrist several times and I never new about any of them. :wacko

James

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
I have to go back and get mine done again. Ive been putting it off mines only Irritated when I write or when im working on cars for extensive periods of time.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
So you are a lefty eh?:toothless

Sorry man, had to say it. Good luck on the surgery.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
1990 Ford Bronco said:
So instead of me installing it, my wife said she would do it for me, I just have to supervise. It'll be a fun weekend.
Dang is she a manlike woman or what, not trying to offend you about your wife, but there arent to many women who could do that kinda work.

I'm sure mine is like most of the other guys, she has trouble adding oil or coolant.

Heck my sister put coolant in where the oil goes on the engine..LOL Most woman cant figure what goes where adding fluids, much less actually wrenching on something, most cant even turn a wrench...:rofl:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
50Gunner said:
So you are a lefty eh?:toothless
Sorry man, had to say it. Good luck on the surgery.
I knew someone would say that. :doh0715: Actually I'm right handed, the prefer to do the non dominate hand first.

Mogley said:
Dang is she a manlike woman or what, not trying to offend you about your wife, but there arent to many women who could do that kinda work.
No she isn't manlike. :twak She enjoys working on the truck with me. She helped me last year with my ZF swap and two weeks ago with my motor swap. She can hold her own too, as she is a D.O. with M.C.S.O.

Mogley said:
I'm sure mine is like most of the other guys, she has trouble adding oil or coolant.
She knows the different fluids and knows how to check them.

As for my surgery, it went very well. I didn't want to be completely put under, so they lightly put me to sleep so they could put local anethesia in my hand/wrist and then allowed me to wake up. They had a curtain up so I wasn't able to see the doctor working. All I felt was a little bit of pressure as he was working. I also got a prescription for some Vicodin ES. Here is a crappy phone pic for you all...

I have to wear the half-cast until my follow-up appt. on April 12th. This will be interesting for me.

I also wanted to thank you all for you kind words and thoughts on the surgery. I'll make sure I get pics of the y-pipe install for you all.

James (now typing with one hand :toothless )

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a couple of pictures of the Bassani y-pipe with cat for my Bronco.

It sure is purtty.... :toothless

James

1 - 16 of 16 Posts